Monday, November 15, 2010

Anyone hiring?

Think what you want, but I just spent the best three bucks in my life.

A half hour of peace.

Nathan took Kate to the park and I can breathe deep. Literally. Sometimes (ha ha, who are we kidding) I let her watch TV but I can still never breathe deep because I know at any minute she will realize...."Hey! I am sitting still! What the chicken? Where is the mascara?" ...and the quiet will end. So I am grateful at moment for boy scouts. and the section which says Nathan needs to earn and save money which is why I paid him to go to the park with his siblings. Sweet short relief!

Anyway, I have really struggled with what my next step is. You know within the next few years if I remain babyless. Which, break and bruise my heart, is likely the case. Do I go back to school? Get a small part time job to give us a little extra funds? Stay home (yes, yes, please,please) and maintain the home and recover from the trauma of all these kids? What do I do?

I can really only think of a few things I want to do.


Write...no good ideas.

Nurse....TERRIFIED of killing someone. And the intensity of it. And going back to school. And maybe a little grossed out. And don't want to practice getting shots.

Work at the zoo...Doesn't everyone want to?

Maybe do something where I can type and organize.... would that be a secretary?

But last night I might have found my calling. Justine begged me to paint a turkey on her toe. What the chicken? A turkey? With nail polish?

But I couldn't say no. So I began to create. I planned the exact colors for the tail feathers. I practiced with tooth picks... (Justine listened to her ipod because I wouldn't let her watch my after 9:00pm TV show)....I prepped the toe (Eww, still grossed out over that one) and my new found talent just flowed from my body!





See my amazing work? Spectacular, eh? I knew you'd agree. Isn't is so darling that I have a daughter who paints her toes to holiday themes? Last month she did a spider web.

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

I'm not for sure but I think the lead up to your new spectacular talent, that of painting turkeys on toes, is THE most hilarious thing I've read from you. And when your kids are gone, Heavenly Father will tell you what to do next. He will.

Susan said...

Jana Guthrie Porter said... Such cute piggies!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...