Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quiet book page number two

Before I show off my next page I feel like I should state...

Yes. I know that my kids are getting too old for this type of thing. I am just doing it because it is fun.

Yes. I am really not that great at hand stitching. When I see others hand stitch I am wondering if they know some trick I don't. I mean, it is only a needle and thread....why is it so hard! But I CANNOT get them perfect and even a straight as others I have seen. Not sure what is up with that!

Yes. I know these pages are darling (I can say that because I totally stole my ideas from here , LOVE her work!) but is it maybe nuts to turn a toy over to toddlers that can't be washed? And actually if you have a destructo child these quiet books may not be indestructible. No one is going to be able to touch these with out using wet wipes first. I am going to make a wet wipe page. Lol.

All that being said...Here is my newest pages. Yea. It pretty much takes hours. But you know that time at night when you are too tired to get much accomplished but you don't want to go to bed because you enjoy TV? Well, that is when I am working on them.
















The chord keeps Bo attached to the moon when he is on space exploration. Sewing that plastic stuff for his helmet was hard!













I have never done a zipper. And I did it wrong. And bad. But it works and unless it breaks I am not changing. it!


I didn't want Kate to feel bad that I made Bo his very own page. So I assured her I was making her one also. It is going to be a pound puppy page where she can adopt a dog. She loves dogs!




So Rhett, age 10, asks me....."So how come you made Bo a page?"




Me...."Because I thought he'd like it."




Him...Quiet lingering.




Me...."Why? are you jealous?" said super compassionately of course.




Him...."A little."




ADORABLE.




If I keep enjoying this I am just going to make them all a page. I am keeping this book under tight wraps so I hope I will have it around for a while and even if my kids are too old for it their kids might enjoy checking out their parents or aunts and uncles pages. A little far in the future but those are my thought!




I am working on a sock page right now. This same site I mentioned before just has adorbale ideas. I also REALLY want to make a mail box page. With real letters to the kids printed on fabric... I know.... To die for.




1 comment:

Sam said...

That is so super cute!!! There is so much detail. If I ever have a boy, I'll definitely have to add this page. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...