Friday, March 30, 2012

Good times.

I love working teenagers. They are a blessing.

Kassidy treated Justine and I to a movie tonight.

I committed the hugest sin in teenage girls eyes. I SCREAMED in the movie during an intense part. Then we cracked up about it for ten  minutes. It was great. They loved it and they were MORTIFIED at their mom. I hate being the old mortifying, embarrassing mom.

When I was young my mom was great. But no matter what I think your mom is embarrassing somehow. I'll never forget one of the first days of high school. I went to a huge high school. Columbine actually.

So my mom was picking me up after school and the parking lot was so full she stood on the edge of the van and waved her arms and screamed my name like crazy to let me know where she was. I walked to the van and said in a very serious tone..."Don't ever do that again!"

But my mom made up for it by driving me to early morning church seminary. I think I had to be there by 6. And she would walk the church and then drive me to school. Every. school. day. That's a good mom right there!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yep, it was 6 a.m. Darkness outside! Did you get rides with your brother 9th grade year?, because I don't think I ever saw your mom the year we were in school together. But what devotion!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...