Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter....



All I have thought about all day is about how my knowledge and love for Christ is no where as deep as it should be. It is really something I need to commit more time to.

I have had this quote hanging on my wall for about 4 years now.

"We must know Christ better than we know Him; we must remember Him more often than we remember Him: we must serve Him more valiantly than we serve Him." Howard W Hunter

I need to do better.

I had a conversation with a person recently whom I have grown to have deep respect and even love for. He said something to the effect of how we attend church and proclaim of Christ but then we treat our neighbors like crud.

I have thought and thought about that. Do we do that? All of us, whatever religion or race we are, do we do that?

Am I treating anyone like crud? (Only honestly, he used a different word) Am I proclaiming of Christ but not doing EVERYTHING I can to represent His name? Am I claiming to be His follower but closing my eyes to suffering because it is painful or inconvenient or... not my problem? Am I?

Probably. Actually, yes.

I pray to do better. Pray Pray Pray. I pray for greater understanding and greater love and greater awareness and greater selflessness. And greater desire.

Today, as a family, we watched a video of Christ and made these cute little tombs. I'm sorry..... but AREN'T THEY ADORABLE!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!! See? Pinterest is a healthy obsession!




Bo's "stone" broke so he was lucky enough to get a new one. One to eat and one to put on the project. Lucky boy.




And don't forget these darlin's... (thanks for the idea, Sherri) Corey's not great with change. He didn't approve of the crunch of the carrot nose in his deviled egg. :)



Love you, my friends.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Mary said...you made the eggs from Pinterest, so sweet.....

Amy said...You are awesome. Just sayin'...

Sherri said...You do the most fun things! Eggs looked great!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...