Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love me some G.C.

I must admit I have been slightly disappointed that my blog friends didn't just tear up the rug and donate like crazy for my adopting friends. So if you haven't and you feel like you should now is a great time! For donating you get access to the song composed by GUNNAR! And guys....I promise. IT IS WORTH IT! I received a private concert. It was breath taking. I had to hug him after wards. And try to tell him he needed to marry one of my daughters. Go HERE and read a note from his dad and see where you can buy the song. Come on! It's to bring the girls home! And what a special, unselfish boy!

Here are a few favorite quotes from General Conference (A large broad casted church meeting where us "Mormons" get to hear council from our leaders)...

This is the guy in our church that makes the ladies swoon. LOL! I feel so guilty even writing that. But lets face it! He's a silver fox! His name is Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf. He  is a German former aviator.


So Justine says to me.... "Isn't he a pilot?"
And Rhett says...."He's a pirate?"
Of course I can't resist that..."Yes, He's a pirate"
Rhett stares at me....
Me..."He has a wood leg and a parrot. A boat."
Rhett..."He does?"
Bahaaaaa!!!!!

So my all time favorite conference quote is "He's a pirate?"

But here were some other REALLY great ones. And because I am a horrible note taker I have no idea who said them and if I even got the quote perfectly right. So don't quote me.....

When it comes to causing harm and hating, judging other....please apply the following. STOP IT.

Be kind and be grateful that God is kind.

If someone was drowning would you say can I help or would you just jump in and help?

Saying "let me know if I can help" is really no help at all.

It is not possible to sink lower then the infinite light of the Atonement's shine.

I need to re listen to all of it! It is hard to listen with 6 kids!

In between sessions (there is four 2 hour sessions on Saturday and Sunday) we zipped over to Corey's moms for her famous homemade waffles.

Here were two favorite quotes from Grandpa Dale that I also loved!


When Kate dropped her waffle on the ground Grandpa Dale said.. "That's okay, A little cat hair is good for you once in a while." Cracked me up.



Then  after all six of our kids had eaten in a mad scramble of homemade waffle goodness they all left to go play. Dale comments on how quiet it had become. He said "They are like magpies around a dead carcass." because of all the eating noises. Lol.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...