Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quiet book page!

I am really good at copying other people's ideas. I hope that's okay. I always tell my kids it is a compliment. I saw this cute page here and had to make one.

Confession....my mom made all the flowers. I don't know how to do button holes. And while she was at it I had her zig zag the edges. I know I should learn. Someday.







The Temple is VERY important to Mormons because...

Latter-day Saint temples are considered houses of God, a place of holiness and peace separate from the preoccupations of the world. They provide a place where Church members make formal promises and commitments to God. They are also the place where the highest sacraments of the faith occur — the marriage of couples and the “sealing” of families for eternity.

Temples serve as the only place where ceremonies such as baptisms and eternal marriage can be performed in behalf of those who have died —a practice that Latter-day Saints believe was followed in New Testament times but that later was lost.

Temples point Latter-day Saints to Jesus Christ and their eventual life with Him, their Heavenly Father and their family members on the condition of faithfulness to Christ’s teachings.

(phew. I didn't think of all that myself just so you know. It came from here)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Tiffany said...Your book is too cute. I look forward to each new page. I really like the owl. :)

Mary said...great mom/daughter project!

Susan said...I love owls.

Nancy said...What a great job you are doing with all these pages! Love ya!

Susan said...Too bad they are all just in a pile and not in a book yet.....sigh....hint hint mom.

Mary said...how do you attach the pages, rings, or sew them into a felt cover?

Christina said...I love this page the best because you know I grow all the flowers for the Idaho Falls Temple so it has. Special place in my heart :D

Susan said...Aww....

Susan said...Mary... I decided (and I am NO expert on this and my pages are all pretty big) to sew each page onto a peice of fabric with batting in it so they are a little puffy and stiff. Then I want to put (can't remember what it is called) those holes that have the metal around them (I even have the tool) and just put them in three rings. Like a three ring binder minus a binder but probably a cover page. I haven't done any of that part yet. Becasue I just mostly only get things half way done.

Susan said...Christina! You should design a greenhouse page!!!

Amy said...I really love these!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...