Sunday, January 1, 2017

We had the sweetest Christmas Eve yet. 

For the record, I have no idea how this happened but we began watching The Planet of the Apes for Christmas Eve. We did it for years and years. It. Makes. No. Sense. This year we went to Corey's mom's instead and had clam chowder.

Carolyn's husband, Dale, has been my kid's Grandpa for about 7ish years now. We adore him. He is so much fun and kind. He read us a little Christmas story and then bore his testimony of Christ. It was absolutely beautiful and tender and so incredibly heartfelt. 

Then he gathered us in a circle, had us hold hands, and he said a prayer for all of us. It was so beautiful.

I was really grateful that my children had the opportunity to feel the spirit of Christmas and love and see the humble testimony of their sweet Grandpa that we so thankfully claim as ours! 



(This picture was a few years ago.)

I spent the evening getting organized for the new year! I don't ever make new years goals. But I am making some goals. I waste too much time! I don't do my exercises for my bad knees that my PT tells me to do (I love that guy), I have eaten sugar the past week, I want to have a strong body, I want to pass the MSW test I have in six months, I want to lose some of the weight I gained, I want to connect with God, I want to have gratitude, I want to save money, and I want my PICTURES ORGANIZED ON THE COMPUTER!!!!! So I have made goals surrounding these areas and I have made a daily goal book that I am super excited about, and we will see how it goes!!!!!!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...