Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our cat is a jerk!

This is our dumb cat Banditt.
Yes, we spell his name incorrectly.
He is a jerk, I don't care...


We saved his life from the pound as a baby and he can't stand us! Well, mostly me that is. I don't know what his problem is! When I even come near him his ears go back and you can totally tell he hates me. He escapes the house every dumb chance he gets causing my poor kids to stay up late worried for his safely and opening the door every ten minutes until he has decided to grace us with his presence again. I don't get cats. They are so snobby and unappreciative. This is the 2nd cat we rescued from the pound that was a jerk! I like cats too! How does one go about finding a nice, unstuck up cat? I would totally get rid of the cat but it does love Kassidy and it is actually her cat so I guess it is serving his purpose but I just think he is such a jerk.

Kassidy has always been a "crazy cat lady" as we call her. She LOVES cats. From the time she was three she LOVED cats. I don't mean just a little. I mean A LOT! A LOT, A LOT! When she was only three she begged for a tabby cat she saw at her preschool teachers house. We finally gave in. For some odd reason she named him "Tiny". He was a good little cat but then he got killed by a dog right in front of her. She was TRAUMATIZED for YEARS by that.


The cat would just sit in her baskets and go for rides all the time.

We got her another tabby cat later from the pound named, Hermoine. She would have nothing to do with us and peed in the house. It had to go live outside and then was gone after that. UgH! So here goes another round of crying over cats and pleading for another one. It broke my heart. I mean the kid LOVES cats. I know this is extreme but I felt like she would have a forever void if she did not have her cat fix taken care. Then she really might turn into the crazy cat lady.


So for her 13th birthday we took her blind folded for a ride and ended up at the pound. We made her walk in blind folded and she had no clue what was going on. When we took off the blind fold and she realized the plan, she cried these most sweetest tears of gratitude. It was so sweet and still can bring me to tears thinking about that moment. She just truly loves cats. So I guess we are stuck with the jerk, (Banditt, not my kid).

My dad sent me this hilarious story about cats and it makes me laugh. So true!



DOG DIARY
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!


CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity.


My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.


They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.


Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards!


There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However,I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.


I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.


The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.



The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe… for now…

Sorry for that, but I thought it was hysterical!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Too stinkin funny!! As I told you earlier today, I can't even handle cats but Mike loves them. Maybe someday. . . I got our "trial cat" free from the Dille's, they've got tons if you're interested in another one :)
The dog/cat diaries made me laugh out loud. I'll have to show Mike when he gets home. keep it up!

Janetlee said...

My sister has a cat that hates me. She said I send her cat "negative mind messages." I must admit, I do. The cat bit my toe one time in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. Swear words is all I have to say about that. She is a very entitled cat also.

kirstensblog said...

Seriously, that is so funny I had tears streaming down my cheeks! I love cats. but that was so funny! There was a little stray cat at our house today that was hungry. It was so loving and sweet. I wish you could have her instead. She was darling. All my kids were loving her, but I couldn't feed her cause she would come back, and we can't keep her. Maybe she'll wander down your way.

Christina said...

Hahaha! That made me laugh so HARD!! I am so sorry that your cat is a jerk! I would feel bad if you met my Shanty because every cat person that meets him wants to take him home because he is the sweetest! I am glad I didn't have you cat sit for me because I probably would have come home to a black and white jerk instead of a sweet tabby!! :)

Kassidy Akkula said...

I still cry over that traumatizing day. It's so sad!!!! I loved and love Tiny still!

Terri Porter said...

That was stinkin' HILARIOUS!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...