Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yes, I am a blog stalker! Stealer, I meant stealer! Okay, I'm both.


A wonderful friend from my ward, whom I love and respect so much, went to the same Stake conference as I did. She either took notes or has a great memory because the following is what I found on her blog. I loved the thoughts on the temple from Elder Nielson and I want to have a name and place there as well. I just couldn't remember it well enough to write about it. I am learning that I am not so good with words sometimes. I think my brain has gone mushy from not using it enough. I was so thankful to Janet for what she had written and remembered that I stole it to put on my blog so I can also remember and commit myself to going on the second Tuesday of every month at 9:00. I am ashamed to admit it has been a long time since I have gone. I am so thankful for my ever faithful friends who continuously remind me what is true and what is right. I, too, want a name and a place in the temple. I am excited! Doing what is right, or trying to, feels good!





"In Stake Conference last Sunday, Elder Brent H. Nielsen talked to us about attending the temple. He is from Twin Falls and said that since the temple is in their backyard now, he and his wife, made a decision to go every week. He said that because they go to the same session every week, the temple workers know them by name. He encouraged us all to "have a name and place" of our own at the temple. We chose Saturday morning 6:00am session. Wouldn't you know, the very first week, Tate had to go camping with McCarty for scouts. So we went Friday morning instead.
We are committed to having a name and a place in the temple
."


I love Janet. She is a strength to the world.



"I hope that everyone gets to the temple on a regular basis. I hope your children over 12 years of age have the opportunity of going to the temple to be baptized for the dead. If we are a temple-going people, we will be a better people, we will be better fathers and husbands, we will be better wives and mothers. I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed, life will be better for you. Now, please, please, my beloved brethren and sisters, avail yourselves of the great opportunity to go to the Lord’s house and thereby partake of all of the marvelous blessings that are yours to be received there."

Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...