Sunday, January 25, 2015

Karate kid, psychology learning's and gnome gardens

SERIOUSLY ARGGG!!!! I hate it when I can't blog!

I am so so so so so so so busy. So so so so so busy.

Saturday I finally had a Saturday off work. Got caught up on some little things and some home work and had a really cool hour with Nathan

Nathan has been taking Karate from a man in our neighborhood and church family. We are so blessed to be around great people and he said he would let Nathan barter work for Karate lessons. I just drop Nathan off and I have not really paid much attention to what is going on. But yesterday he had to test to get his yellow belt. I came to watch. It was AWESOME.

It was almost poetic looking when they were doing their "moves". He took the test with another man and they did a lot of it in unison and it was a little bit beautiful!

Then the teacher said they were going to spar and he had Nathan and the man go get helmets and gloves and he talked to them about how they were going to spar. 

"Whoah, What?" Oh no they are not! My kid is not fighting with that man! (Even though Nathan was a tiny bit taller) I asked the teacher if I wanted to watch????!!!!

So they sparred. And they kicked each other and hit each other! And it was exciting and scary! And Nathan loved it!

Pictures aren't very good. I need to start carrying my camera!













Here is the sparring!
I want to send a thanks out to his teacher for letting Nathan come and barter. And thanks for forgiving us any time the bartering seems a little lopsided. 





And here he is getting his yellow belt! It was neat. 






I have so much cool stuff to tell you about this class I am taking. I might just share some every now and then since it is a lot. But it is a class on the different psychologies between Eastern and Western people. It has been so so interesting!!!!!

There is so much stuff I didn't know that I didn't know I didn't know!!!!!!!!

Here is one interesting thing to get you started....

Sometimes we as American's think are ideas are the right ideas. But we are the youngest country! We may think other countries are weird! But Mexico and Peru and South America are more similar then we are. So maybe we are the "weird" ones. 

A lot of research done is unreliable. Because....the people chosen for the research are often middle upper class, white, female, more educated, and more self aware. 

In the Eastern world they think it is nuts to marry someone your parents advise you not to. Westerners make movies on it and get exited that we have done what we wanted to and gone against our parents and married who we loved. Easterners think it's nuts to go against your parent who are older and wiser and have lived life longer. 

Interesting, huh!?

You guys....Sometimes when I look at Pinterest I can't breath I get so excited. I was in a craft store the other day and they had this DARLING gnome garden (I don't like fairy's...(shiver)) paraphernalia. I mean SO CUTE. So when I get a good coupon I go in and buy a little gnome or mushroom or something. When I checked out ALL the stuff on Pinterest you can make for this garden that I don't even have or time to make...I get super excited. Maybe in the summer I will. It is good to have something to look forward to. Even if it is odd. 

But LOOK!!!!!!!






And oh my goodness....There are so many hand made things you can do yourself. I had to quit looking it was so exciting. Go see, guys.





No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...