Sunday, July 24, 2016

Be Brave!

For months I have been planning a little family vacation. We don't do many. Seriously. Like maybe once every three years. I want to go more but it truly costs so much when you take eight people anywhere. We have to have two hotel rooms! And when I say family vacation it means we stay overnight at West Yellowstone. Hahaha. But the kids LOVE it. Maybe because it is what they know. But you guys... I LOVE THE PLAY MILL. And I have raised children who love the play mill. My older boys, Corey included, is not as enchanted with it as the rest of us so I compensate by buying lots of treats in the intermission.

This year I found out about this crazy zip line place. I really was so excited about it and I surprised the kids with it. 

I have to admit that when I was on the top of the thing....Kassidy was above me telling me she was never doing this again....and Bo was paralyzed with fear and couldn't move...and an adventure guide was making her way to help us...and Kate was SCREAMING from across the entire thing because she was terrified to go zip lining, holding up a line of about five people...I almost lost it. I said to myself. Why did I do this? I just paid $300 to be TERRORIZED. That is what I said to myself. My grand plan was going to pot fast and I was as scared as the little kids! And I had to keep my cool! I have always been scared of heights. But I kept telling the kids we had to face our fears. The night ebfore we went (we had driven by it so they knew about it by then) Bo told me "it isn't good parenting to force me when I don't want to go". Haha. 

But we totally made it through! Although kate told me she would rather hold a snake then do that again...all I can think of is how great it really was! After doing the course once and already being less scared, and the kids already were less scared...I know that if we had stayed and played longer we would have been pros at it. Nathan and Rhett loved it. Rhett was in wranglers and cowboy boots! HAhaha. It was a great time....And I really think it built confidence and some family bonding and I want to go back. 




Kassidy
You get to do four ziplines....




Kassidy gets so MAD when he is scared. It is a crack up. I was totally telling her you can do it! Then when I got to her point was I was like "I don't think I can! I am going to have  a panic attack!"



























When you get to the end, you just step off and go slowly to the bottom. But it doesn't feel like you are going to go slow so it is scary!



Justine


Rhett, in his mullet, boots and wranglers!









Bo really had the hardest time, which is so surprising because he is such a climber. But he so so scared. I had to push him each time on the zip line (which he wanted me to do) and lower him down at this point. 



Rhett looks like he is a lineman worker. 











Cutest picture ever!






 Rhett and Nathan 



Me! Haha. I totally kept crash landing at the end. 

Here is the point where I am going to say...I know I have gained weight. It is painful for everyone to be able to see your weakness in such a visible way. It is heartbreaking for me because I kept the weight off for a chunk of time and it is painful to be a statistic when I never thought I'd gain the weight back. I am so grateful my body could still do this activity. I have pain in my knees and a hurt shoulder (or some reason). But I really want to be doing these kinds of things when I am 70. I want to be a person with muscles and who is fit. I know I have a lot of work to do but it is my dream and goal to get to a place where I can be an active fit person. I don't know how to get there. Mentally or physically but probably more mentally.

Anyway, That is one part of our little trip. I will write more tommorow!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...