Sunday, July 17, 2011

This post was written over the summer... Just a little behind..Just Who's the coolest mom ever????? You know it!


Me!

What?...You know another mom who can catch SEVEN rings atop a dead chickens head?????

I didn't think so! So it's official. I'm the coolest.

See? There I am! In the back...in my Glenn Beck shirt...once again sweaty, and in my Mulan do, with the dead chicken in one hand and the rings in the other.

My boy was so excited that I beat the other leaders that he came and gave me a big hug.

The boyscout who was the leader of our cub scout group's ring toss game (you still following me?) said that the leader who caught most of the boys rings would win a high five from all the boys! Yay me. Can't think of anything better then high fives from 13 little boy's hands that have been EVERYWHERE dirty that day. Bleck!

Since I quoted this favorite quote on top of my blog,

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

boasting how much I want to prove to Heavenly Father that I really lived and served including driving boys to scout camp, I figured when I was asked to go with the boys to a cub scout day camp I'd better do it. Lest I be a hypocrite.

So even though I am super busy right now I knew I had to go and hang with my boy and stand good on my blog's mantra.

Here is a summary of the activities we did.


Ya know that man...who was like an "inspirational guide" of some type and he had all those people sit in this sweat hut and several died? Well this is a reenactment of that.

We all flung up this flat fabricy thing and then scooted under it and sat under it like a huge tent. And we sang some songs and SWEATED TO DEATH. So we were glad to get out and play some other games. But what a cool idea!


I don't know what this cool and crazy thing was but I must have one!!!! I think it was just an old parachute. But you flung it up in the air and you could play or sit or relax on the inside. It was so fun...


Rhett really loved the leather working class. He made a great little bracelet and now he wants a kit for Christmas. That sounds GREAT to me. He is SO over toys. He is so active and on the go he could care less about toys.


I love his little leather working hands.
Rhett shooting a bow and arrow....He did very well!

Shooting slingshots....
Running on the obstacle course

It was great fun. Glad I went. Sad that later Nathan said..."How come you never went with me to camp?" When he was in scouts I had a baby and a toddler and all the other kids and was just in the thick of it. Sheesh! Can't win them all! Love them both. Learning to love Scouts. Also I was so glad to get to go with my friend Angie whom is the scout leader. She is SO FUN.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...