Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I do not rock. Dang it!

Unimpressive things have been happening to me at college!

D MINUS on my first paper!!!!!

It was such a shock. I thought I rocked it!

And I have been LOVING my classes so much I just assumed I would do AWESOME!

The sadly ironic thing is...

My teacher has his TA help grade the papers. I find that offensive. I want my professor to read my paper. I want the person with the Doctorate on the topic to read my paper. Not another student!

This class is pretty laid back with lots of teasing and joking. So I questioned The teacher. He is lots of fun. He said that he and his TA read the paper. I shared my point of view. I want HIM to read my paper. So he jokingly said "I am going to read your paper!" I was glad. Because I had rocked my paper. 

He gave me a D MINUS!!!!! And he wasn't even being vindictive. I found the whole thing funny. I admit to getting some tears in my eyes about the grade but he had me read another essay showing me my mistake and I realized he was right to grade me that way. And I learned. 

So then I turn in my next assignment. I am learning how to write treatment plans for clients. I rocked it again. 

I submitted it. He gives us three chances to get it right. I used up one chance. I did not get it right and I didn't rock it. 

I DO NOT ROCK.

Okay, I cried a tiny bit this time. What in the heck!!!!! Why is this so hard!!!!! 

But I just kept thinking rationally about it. And it felt like the stretching Kristopher has often given me during therapy. Stretching hurts. But it is done so you can grow. 

And I am sure going to learn a lot from these low scores and from having to redo things. The professor is going to meet with me (as he will do with everyone who doesn't get it) and I will not be out of the class until I "get it". So I am grateful he is teaching me. He is not criticizing me or being mean by scoring me low. He is teaching me. It is not about the grade. 

So that is where I am at and trying to mentally stay so I don't get my self esteem kicked too bad. 


Sometimes when I am bored during class my bestie classmates and I take snap chat pictures and put baby cheezeits on our others bestie's shoulder. 



BABY CHEEZEITS!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!

Met my cute college girl for dinner one night! We found this great place that is like a subway only with burritos! And it is a great price!

Bo got to celebrate his Birthday in class the other day. Since his birthday is in the summer they just chose a day for him to celebrate. You know I was so excited that it was close to Halloween! My favorite ever! 

Bo wanted to bring donuts. So I added a pinteresty spooky twist on them. CUTE!







No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...