Sunday, November 15, 2015

hi friends!!!!!

Just giving another reminder that I am making my blog private soon. I totally don't want to. It feels like the end of an era. haha. If you want an invite leave a comment and I will invite you when I make the switch.

An update on my beautiful mom. She is on oxygen full time now. It is such a bummer but so grateful for the option.

 
This is her on Halloween posing by our poster board of Kassidy. She gets home soon!!!!! It's crazy. I have been working on this enormous like nine foot lady for the front yard for when she gets home. It is so funny and borderline creepy. See for yourself. I will give her hair soon. I didn't have any brown paper.
 
 
My Justiney girl and I took Kassidy's 1st companion out to lunch. It was such a great thing. We got to hear stories. I guess they had an upsetting experience where Kassidy had to make a crucial decision and a lot depended on her making it. She made it with confidence but then later was upset. Her companion sang her church songs that night. I was just grateful that they had each other.
 
I am breaking my back not to gain one more pound, to lose what I gained and to NOT binge. It is going okay. I have up and downs but I finally feel like I have some control back.
 
I am rocking school. For once. All A's! But I have a test based completely on memory this week and I just cannot get it done. It is so hard for me. So I may lose my A. I am hoping not to. :(
 
I am having a total love affair with my school semester. It has been so great. It has felt like non stop therapy though. And that has been hard. I am practically going through therapy to learn how to give therapy. I never thought this was the direction my life would be. I never wanted a career. But I can see the joy in it as well.
 
 The little kids just need to be kept busy! The store had these posters on sale so I got the littles each one. They colored so happily for HOURS. It was dang peaceful. And they even got to use my smelly markers. That was cool to them.
 




 
Didn't they do a great job???
 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi, Susan. I'd love to keep reading your zest for life! Good luck to you with your internship and new opportunities. jenniferhatch5@gmail.com

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...