Saturday, December 19, 2015

Bo is ten. Because of his severe ADHD he is a bit delayed socially. He is such a dang sweet kid though. He does make non stop noise. And. it. gets. old. His newest quirk is he says everything he can in rolled R's. Like a Spanish person. I can't do that at all. But he has it mastered.
Today he said something using a perfect R (without the roll). I noticed it and complimented him on it. Despite years and years of speech therapy he still says his R's incorrectly. He can say them but he is lazy in his speech. I realized that this little quirk of rolling his R's just may have taught him and cured him of his incorrect way of saying it. I am pretty fascinated by it. CHEERS for quirky little habits that cure speech impediments!

I had to miss their Christmas concert. Broke my heart. I insisted Corey had to get off work and go. He did so that was great. Bo was Rudolph!

 





















Have you guys ever seen my most favorite movie "Savannah Smiles"? It is worth seeing. I found the VHS version and Kate loves it. So in the movie there is a scene where the man was a little boy and he had been naughty so his family was driving away and left him. He was running after the truck and couldn't catch up and they wouldn't wait for him. It is a heart breaker. At the end of the movie it shows a flash back to the scene and the family waits for him and loads him into the back of the pick up with huge welcomes and hugs and it is so cry worthy.

Today we took Bo and Kate to Grandmas so the older part of our family could go out to a real dinner, which we never do. I had no idea Bo would react this way but when he got into Grandma's house Bo was doing everything he could to get outside because he wanted to go to dinner with us. Sometimes he isn't the most relaxing t be around, you know with that constant rolling of R's and such so we honestly wanted to leave him. He got out of Grandma's (she was hugely advocating that he should get to go) and he was trying to get back in the van. The big kids were blocking him and wouldn't let him in the van. I had a huge Savannah Smile flash back moment and was like "LET HIM IN THE VAN!!! WE ARE BRINGING HIM!!!!!" Grandpa Dale was like "That's all it takes, huh?" "Yes. Today that is all it takes."

So the airport picking up Kassidy was so fun. I made us go like an hour early because the anticipation of it all was half the fun, right?
 
My buddy Becci taking pictures for me. I have the bestest friends ever.
 







She cried, just like we knew she would, the second she saw us as she was coming down the escalators.




She gave us all real long hugs and she actually seemed pretty dazed.
 
 













They were sweet moments.

Here is a banner I was actually able to borrow from another Sister Nielsen family. Isn't it cute? I had NO IDEA it was so big. I love having Rhett around. He is like having another adult, only one I can tell what to do. That probably sounds bad. I don't take advantage of him, I promise. But he is just such a "getter done" kind of kid.



1 comment:

Angie said...

Love it! It made me sad that there were no comments. I want you to know that I think you are amazing and you are making a difference. Love your guts!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...