Wednesday, December 9, 2015

SO SAD.

This semester is almost over. I have loved almost every minute of it. It was such a great experience.

I had a class about Ethics with one of my very favirot teachers. Paul Roberts. He is so funny and does such an excellent job really teaching us and driving the concepts home.

The other class I had was group. The whole class was actually a group like we were in group therapy. The class was three days a week. One day we would learn about a new method of running the group. Then next day we would do activites to teach us more about that method and the next day we actually had group with that method.

I had heard some yucky things about past groups not getting along, not having trust, not every actually getting the group to mesh. Our group from day one was a beautiful group. We were kind and accepting and we were safe and felt safe to share and it was honestly a beautiful experience.

One day we learned about giving strokes which are giving compliments. We talked about how we all need them but sometimes we hold back giving them and sometimes we need them and should just ask for one. For the activity one person was picked and we all were told to write strokes to this person. Then one by one (30 of us) we went up to this person and faced them and read to them our stroke. The person cried. They needed to hear these strokes so desperately. I sat there and told my cute friend I sit by that this was the best day ever. It was a really beautiful and special experience.

Anyway, this semester is practically over. And then I am on to my first internship at the Adult Parole and Probation. Ha!

Kate got her face painted at the Halloween Carnival at school. Ummmm.......Yeah.


 
I thought it was pretty hysterical.
 
Nathan can NOT get up for early morning seminary. Look how many alarm clocks he has to have. And he still can't get up. The one is a literal siren. UGH.
 

1 comment:

Aine said...

I am not surprised by the strokes - I believe that too. Words of Affirmation may not be everyone's love language, but with as many words designed to hurt being flung everywhere, people are desperate for words that build.

Kate looks adorable. :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...