Monday, October 3, 2016

conference, corn and rainbows.

I feel so spoiled at physical therapy. Basically, they jiggle my knee caps and push on parts of it and we talk and talk. This morning I was cracking up at the funny stories the PT was telling me. I enjoy it so much. In social work we talk non-stop about self-care and how super important it is. This is one of my versions of self-care. I have never felt like i wanted a massage. It feels too relaxed to me and I don't do good at that kind of required quietness. I would either laugh or cry the whole time. But jiggling knee caps and pushing hard on my ligaments while being told funny stories and cracking up? I can do that. 

When Rhett gets home and sees that I ate the whole last bag of microwave popcorn, I may be in trouble. 

Yesterday he cracked Corey and I up. I don't know WHAT happened (except I have been sick and working) but we slept in until 11:00 am!!!! We missed a whole hour of conference and didn't even know it! The cool thing was the kids were up and watching it. Rhett had 12 ears of corn picked, shucked, and boiling away for lunch. I asked him "Why didn't you wake us????" He said that he was going to but we looked so "snuggily" he couldn't. I love that kid. 
And I loved when I looked out the window he was picking more corn in shorts and his cowboy boots. Beautiful boy. 











 This is how she watches conference! Just kidding. 


 and the day ended with this beautiful rainbow. It was like a stacked rainbow! And we could see the whole thing. But there was a tree in the middle. 





No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...