Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 1/11/11! Notice when this post posted! 11:11! Kinda cool.

Have we ever discussed that I am a spectacle during our sacrament meeting at church? I started out this post by saying I "feel" like a spectacle and then I decided , yep... I pretty much am.

I am sure it is great fun watching me try to deal with little Mrs. Unruly herself. She doesn't like sitting there for the whole hour and a few Sundays ago she was having a really hard time. She did tell me I was cute twice and that was precious, but otherwise she was crying and fussing and wiggling and rearranging my hair the whole time.

I momentarily thought about crying.

Here is a little image for you. Bo tries to get into my bag. I sit him back in the bench. Turn the other way to deal with Kate. Bo tries to get in my bag. I plop him back in the bench. Turn the other way and deal with Kate again. Bo tries to get in my bag. I plop him back in the bench. Squeeze his cheeks a little and tell him not to get into my bag. Deal with Kate again. Bo tries to get in my bag. Are you kidding me?......... And that was just a few minutes of an hour. I had to take Kate out twice.

I don't mean to be self centered but I do believe the whole ward is watching me. I don't really feel judged. I feel pitied, and somewhat a source of sacrament meeting amusement. Glad to be of some service.

So I am back in the bench and Kate starts crying over whatever and all of a sudden a little lifeboat is passed to me in my moment of wavy seas. Rhett had passed down the row through his siblings one tiny little half piece of his precious Christmas juicy fruit gum.

It gave me about 10 minutes of peace as Kate was pacified. I just thought what a sweet thing for him to be aware of his mom's struggles and find a solution to help. It buoyed up my heart. Sweet boy.



Cute boy with cute little Piano teacher! I have HUGE dreams of him leaving my home being able to play real songs on the piano. Whenever he complains I share with him that I want him to be able to play the church Hymns on his mission. Because there are times when no one can play the Hymns. So that is our goal.

Thanks to my parents who hosted Family Home Evening at their house last night. The kids loved pizza, the lesson, and especially wrestle time with Grandpa. The boys had nothing on my dad, even all at once!! And he is over 70. You still got it dad!


My dad and new father in law! I think they are going to get along just fine.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan--I'm pretty sure nobody had enough pity left for you after pitying me during sacrament meeting this (and every other) Sunday. Carina got to the point that she was yelling (or maybe just loudly saying) "Daddy I don't wanna be kiet (quiet)!" and THEN she started saying "I don't wanna go in the shower!" that would be our punishment at our house that we always hope nobody will learn about ... SIGH! And I didn't even get ANY sweet compliments from my daughter--boo!

Okay, maybe I just pity myself ...

Unknown said...

I don't think anyone is watching you in sacrament meeting! They all know that you are doing the best that you can and at some point most of the people in your ward have been in a similar situation!

Emily said...

Susan, I was sitting on the same bench and didn't think your kids were that bad at all! You are funny! I just think we are all self conscience of ourselves, but in fact, it isn't so bad.

Chelly said...

Okay, Susan~ clearly, you need some truth preached to you, so here goes: When I see you with your children in sacrament meeting I think (and I quote!) "Wow~ you can really see how much her children love her and how much she loves them. It's got to be hard handling so many monkeys during sacrament meeting and she does it so sweetly~ I need to remember to be more patient like that." There. Truth has been spoken and it cannot be removed, rebutted or otherwise argued with.

Tiffany~ I haven't sat behind you as of yet so we'll see about you.
(bahahahhahahaha~j/k Tiffany! Newsflash: NOBODY thinks they're a perfect mother unless they're crazy~ so good news! We're all sane! :o) )

Pirate Princess said...

lol - have you ready any of my tales from the pew? I can sooo relate. And I'm still going through them, even though the boys are almost FIVE. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't see your kids, because Emily's kept being so LOUD!
HAAAA! I am so kidding. If anybody, now seriously anybody can relate, it is me. I am the originator of anxiety at church over kids. I mean baby goats. I mean, oh Emily, you know what I am trying to say, right? Anyhow, I would cry every week IN the sacrament meeting, and poor Sherrie Empey and Crystal Prophet MUST think I am nuts by now, and wow. I have blocked so much out due to repression and trying to survive that period of life. Whew. Anyhow, I know how you feel and seriously, you're row isn't bad at all. Or Tiffany's or Emily's. (wink) Love Kirsten

Anonymous said...

I remember taking Jason out of Sacrement meeting because he was out of control. I picked him up like a piece of wood and carried him over my head. He said "No, no, not the room." The room was any vacant room in the building where we went and he had to sit on a chair in the middle of the room until I felt it was okay to take him back. With Susan that didn't work as we were in a University building in which every room was filled with nice furniture and pictures. She didn't mind going there.

Melanie said...

Hmmmm. When Corey was 2 I could leave him in Sac meeting while I took a newborn Marissa out to nurse her or whatever to quiet her and get her to sleep and when I came back in, he was still sitting there quietly and smiling. People were always astounded. Same with the rest down to Caleb. He was (is) a stubborn brat. Corey would hold down the fort with the other two while I took Caleb out over and over. By the time Caleb was 3 or 4, Jeffery decided to start coming to church with us, so he could help with Caleb. We got to where we let him sleep in Sac til he was about 7, just because we didn't want to deal with him. We never brought books or toys to Sac either, because we didn't want them to be used to having to be entertained during Sac meeting. We had clear expectations for them and miraculously they worked for the first 3. I was just strict I guess...and lucky. LOL. Last Sunday, though, Marissa said "That little girl is always attached to Susan's neck" and I said "I remember another little girl who was always attached to her mother's neck...or hip...or whatever she could keep her hands on..." I did find myself wondering why you didn't sit on the end, though hahaha. I can't feel your pain, but I do feel sorry for you not being able to enjoy sacrament meeting! Little kids are cute though...for me to watch. Not so much for mom to wrestle with...

Janetlee said...

Susan - I don't feel pity for you. I'm proud of you. It takes a lot of faith to take 6 kids to sacrament meeting by yourself and survive....not to mention that you then get to go into primary for 2 hours and wrangle that. I imagine you are exhausted when you get home. But you do it cause you love the Lord and you have faith he will sustain you. Blogging about it makes you feel better too....huh? You are awesome! amazing! and I am so grateful my kids get to learn from you in primary. Thank you!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...