Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What the Chicken? If you don't think that is funny, don't bother reading this post anymore!

My good friend Camy told me a little while ago that her kid's new slang is "What the Chicken?", you know, in place of "What the Heck?".

I can't help it! I love it. I think it is a funny little slang even though I know we are only suppose to say yay and nay. "What the Chicken" is just a little too catchy not to take advantage of. Let me show you a few examples of how it may be best used.


You may say it when people try a little too hard to be snazzy!


What the Chicken?
That is like... her jewelry! This is Beyonce for those of you who don't know. She is a singer. They can get away with being bizarre, I guess! I think she is nice though, you know, the whole Taylor Swift thing.


You say it when you spent two years loving Jon!


What the Chicken?

Jon Gossselin! What the chicken! What in the world is going on? I loved you. Where has your brain gone? Who are you now? You were like this perfect little dad. I admired you for years on your show! I was ready to trade Corey in for you! WHY?????
Kate is right! Aliens have taken you away. "Nanoo Nanoo" bring Jon back to us.


You say it when you go into the garage and you see this!

What the Chicken?
This is Corey's toilet he made for when he goes out into "the mountains of nowhere" camping! His last one caved in. We WON'T go into that story! I'll spare you the details. This time he made it sturdier and with a little box for his toilet paper! You know, so the squirrels can't get to it. Great job, honey! The front peice of wood was our son's idea... so nothing can splash on you...hmmm. Any questions as to why I hate camping?

You say it when when you son CRASHES on his face with his birthday bike on his birthday!

Honey, What the chicken?

Nice one!





You say it when you find out your brother had to eat bees on a business trip to China.

What the Chicken?


And chicken feet!

What the chicken, chicken?!


And when you dad eats squirrels! On a regular basis. As in regularly.

Which coincidentally he calls: chicken of the tree!

What the Chicken?!

This is him dressed up for our annual spooky dinner. It's okay, I don't get it either.



You SCREAM it when you come home from a fun evening with friends, your baby wakes you in the night, you go in to feed her and........your husband has

CUT

her bangs! Need I say more?


What the chicken?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


He was so busted over that one, I can't even tell you. He knew he was in huge trouble too. Otherwise why wouldn't he have told me. But just to let me wake up in the night and discover it? I was more mad than the time he secretly bought a motorcycle off eBay! GRRRRR.

And last but not least you

FOR SURE say it when

people can't understand your profound and sincere love for ...

HIM-


What the CHICKEN?



I just love him! I had to add him! In the future I must devote a whole post to him. Maybe after I buy season 4 from ebay I will. You all know it is Dog the Bounty Hunter, right? Saves the world from evil and carnage. Love him.


Anyway, there is a breif summary on how to use the catchy slang. Enjoy it's future useage! I hope you appreciate it since I wasted my whole afternoon teaching you the ART of saying it.


Also special thanks to Camy's son. Good kid.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard right now that I'm crying! I love reading your posts - they make my day. You still working on writing a book? You totally should - you have a way with words! Love you!!

Unknown said...

too funny!! What the chicken is sooo right on all of those. keep on being hilarious!

Unknown said...

Susan - that was a pleasure to read. Although, I think i just threw up in my mouth at those bee and feet pics. gross.

kirstensblog said...

Okay, one of my lungs exploded while I was laughing so hard.

Quail Ridge Griffons said...

That was hilarious! I can tell it's going to be one of those things; that one day I'll be sitting in the waiting room at the dentist's office and that blog will randomly cross my mind and I'll be laughing to myself so hard that people will wonder what's wrong with me. But it'll be worth it!

Janetlee said...

I remember the "bangs" incident and I was crying for you. Not funny. But the blog is most funny! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I had to get back on here to say that I needed to laugh so I came back to reread this. And did you see that in the chicken feet picture there are heads too?? Ahh! That's me screaming in disgust. You can see the little comb and beak. And I have to smile when I read "in place of what the heck" cuz what the heck is already in place of a dozen other worse options, so it just makes me smile that you are so sweet! Love ya!
Linda

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...