Monday, February 22, 2016

Just doing a little catch up here. Our Christmas was nuts. Everything has been nuts for a good while now! 

I had the house looking as cute as it can for Christmas. I wanted everything darling for Kassidy to come home. I put up the Christmas village. I HATE putting up the village but I have got it down now so it takes way less time. The kids liked it and they all helped me a bit. I was amused later to find baby Jesus in the back of the pick up truck. :) 


The ten (maybe) pounds I gained over Christmas I totally earned. I made and ate too many treats. I love sugar. I know how horrible it is for me but I eat it anyway. :(

The kids helped me make all the treats. That was the plan actually, for us to do some stuff together. But then they didn't even eat the treats and I kept eating it. Arg. 

We mixed all of this stuff together and then poured white chocolate all over it and it was good!




I didn't have red and green M&M's so it was less Christmasy.

I am learning so much from my internship. It is so great. I love working with the different Parole Officers and learning about that different styles. 

Something I have been doing a lot of shadowing with right now is the domestic violence offenders. I have been going to their court and to their treatments. They are often court mandated to take a 52 week class. And if they miss two weeks in a row....they start ALL over again. Even if they were almost done. I went to one of their treatment classes and the two facilitators did a great job and a lot of it was about rewiring their brains so that they see relationships and women and parenting differently then they have viewed it before. It takes time to rewire the brain. IT has been so fascinating.  

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...