Sunday, February 15, 2015

I don't think cheeseballs are real food. But they are yummy.

So....

Hi. 

I have 8 weeks left of school. That just doesn't sound like much to me. Then after that my surgery and summer and back at it. 

I have officially signed up for the Social Work program and I think it will work out fine. I wrote the best dang autobiography anyone has ever read! Ha ha. I really just want to slap this on one of the pages... 


That is how I feel. I can't write my autobiography! I'm not done becoming yet!

And this...after my surgery I need some adventure. Like when my friend 



and I zip lined. I need something. What do you guys suggest? (Maybe having the surgery I am having will be adventurous enough for one year. 

You know... it is weird how many opportunities for really great discussions I have had at my work. Really some connecting conversations with customers. I love how a stranger can become a connection. I have to tell you more about my psychology class!!! next time. 

I have been having a glorious time at work dejunking the whole store. My boss is letting me junk tons and tons of stuff and I think it secretly makes him happy as well. That little store is a pretty happy place for me. I don't want to work much but I have very fond feelings for that place and the boys I work with who all treat me like the little sister even though I am older. 

So for Kate's birthday the teacher gives you the option of going to her class and reading to the class. These are the books Kate chose. 

The first book Aunt Sherri gave her years ago and it is still her favorite book. 



We decided to make a little chex mix for the kids to eat while we read. That way we would have time to read two books. I went to the dollar store and bought bags of different snacks and mixed them all together. It seemed to be a hit. 




For her birthday Kate got to stand in front of the class and call on the children to ask her questions. It was cute. Her teacher is a sweetie. She is so soft spoken! Apparently a few days ago Justine was legitimately crying at school because she missed Justine. Her teacher had a lot of empathy for her because she had that experience apparently when she was young. I never thought about the youngest child feeling so much pain when their older siblings leave. Kate got to play on the computer at school for a little while until she wasn't so sad anymore. 

 

 Kate wanted me to stay and watch her run
 her two laps in the gym....


 Do her sit ups...


Do a plank...(look at that form!!!!!)


and do her jumping jacks. I was glad I had the day 
free to spend with her for a little while. 







No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...