Tuesday, February 17, 2015

You know you want one....Lets crack some pot. Haha I don' even know what that means.


Don't even get me started on how WONDERFUL these are...






I saw them online. I want to make my little hobbit villages out of them. So cute!!!!!

I have so dang much I need to share from my culture class!!!!!!

So here is a little tidbit...

We were reading some chapters from this book...






It is so fascinating. Even more so when my great Professor gets us thinking more and more about it.

The book has so much to say.  Sometimes in America we are trained to do  "Love yourself before you will be able to love anyone else." Kind of stuff. 

According to this book...and to my teacher's beliefs...

If you love others and other's love you there is no need to love yourself because everyone else is doing the job for you. And there is more to do that job.

For example...

I have a family of eight. If we all love ourselves then we each have one person loving us. OURSELVES. 

If we love each other then we have SEVEN people loving us. That is a lot more than one and so we don't need to put much thought into "self" because others have taken care of it for us. 

The concept of the book is all about letting go of self. 

When my professor starts talking about all this it is like...that makes PERFECT sense. 

So I was late for Valentine's Day for my kids but they came home from camping (I had to work) to this!!!! Cute, right?










All just dollar store treats. 

 So...Kate! That girlie knows how to get what she wants! She called me, I couldn't answer, I hear her jabber something on my voice mail. She had told all the kids which color of gorillas I had "said" belonged to who. I hadn't labeled them, nor did I tell her on the phone whose was whose. She made it all up and lied to the kids so that she could get the color she wanted. HA HA. (Somehow Bo got it anyway) That girl!!!! She has just got everything figured out!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...