Friday, February 6, 2015

My girlie is a lady!



Did I ever tell you that my girl got to be Mary for the Nativity this year?????

It was the dang cutest thing. 


I thought it was so cute when the donkey was ready to get Mary, she sat on him side straddle. I am sure they had practiced and the kids told her the appropriate way for a nine month pregnant Mary to sit. And Kate got on like a perfect Mary.




 Every year my great friend Viki gets us all together for a little Christmas dinner and nativity night. And this year we sang too. 
It was so much fun. I had better pictures somewhere but 
can't find them.




















































Well, I got the flu. I am now super behind in Math. It doesn't take long. So that is sad. But I just have to keep going. One thing I keep trying to teach myself is to relax and do what I can. I can only do what I can and that's it. Sometimes things don't go well and the worst that happens (in this situation) is I will take the class again. But I can't stop, fix, or control everything (Thank you, Kristopher).

The good thing about the flu is I actually had like three naps. And it was pretty awesome. One of the naps I had the window open and it felt like spring time!

The other good thing about the flu is that it reminded me that I needed to have more compassion for my poor Rhett who also had the flu a few days before and I didn't give him the compassion I should have. When I was sick I called him into my bedroom and told him I was sorry I was grumpy and wanted him take out his own trash when he threw up in it.  And he was jubilantly telling me "Now you know how it feels, huh!!!!!!"

And then when I was parched I told him I was sorry that I didn't be more concerned that he might be thirsty (I really do feel bad for that one) but would he please go to the gas station and get me a sprite. And the little sweetie did. 

And he and Nathan heated up my rice bag like five times because I had the chills. I am telling you those rice bags are the best ever. I made one for Bo and Kate and every night I have to warm their bags for their little bodies. It is amazing how warm it gets the bed! Like it is a little furnace in the bed. We freeze a lot because we heat the house with the fire place and sometimes it is cold in the bedrooms. Sometimes I think that when they grow up they will always remember their mommy heating up their rice bags.

So one day at the grocery store Nathan informed me he had never had egg nog. 

SAY WHAT???????

I told him to go grab some. 

He drank this whole thing himself. 
He LOVED LOVED LOVED it.



So the other day our neighbors put a for sale sign up in their front yard. we like them so it was sad. 
But more importantly....THE CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the kids were quite concerned for Kate about it.

So I went over to talk to them. The conversation sadly went a lot like this....

"Oh you're moving? So sorry. We will miss you. Can we have your cat?"

I think it is a go. 



No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...