Sunday, February 1, 2015

Why has everyone abandoned the koala bears??????


Nathan and I went to the thrift store. We were shocked and saddened that no one seems to want the koala bears. I should go back and buy them all for Nathan. We had fun grouping them all together. Poor little ones. 



So I told you guys about my super interesting Professor who is teaching about Culture....

He gave extra credit if we would come and watch a movie at the "International Cinema" that he must be in charge of every other week. 

I drove up to the college and left Bo and Kate with Justine with a shrinky dink kit. They had a good time.

The movie he showed us was called the Island and it was all in Russian. But we read the subtitles. It was a kooky movie to a degree but it had deep meaning. I am admitting that a lot of it I didn't get until the discussion afterwards and then I was like..."ohhh!!!!! Yes, of course!!!!" and the movie has sort of swelled in my brain and become really beautiful to me.

It tiny bit hurts my self esteem that I didn't get some of the stuff on my own but I am hoping that this is the beginning and the way to stretch my brain.

So maybe I wont tell you what the movie was about. I think there is way to watch it free online. It was interesting because it did not explain stuff as it went along. 

But here are some of the things I learned from my Professor and from the movie. 

And maybe I am misinterpreting this one....but this is what I "heard". God doesn't always care if we sin or not. Because he already took care of that for us. He already gave us the Atonement. The sinning isn't the important part. It is the lessons we learn from the sinning that is way more important. To me as I type this I believe it needs some more thinking about. Because I am sure God cares if we sin. But at the same time, He provided a way for us so the actual sin isn't really the picture here. It is the lessons we learn and it is how we help others from what we learned and it is the humility we get....What do you guys think?

Another thing the movie was symbolic of was how Jesus offended the people that were "high" up by going to those that were the "lowest" of people. That is were Christ was. 

My professor was around lepers when he lived in other cultures. He wasn't scared.

The other thing that was interesting in this movie was that the main character wasn't worried about whether he was good enough. He just knew he wasn't. And that is okay. Because God makes up the rest for us and we are sinners. And we just are. 

Our problem is not gross sin typically. Our problem is our arrogance before God. 

I need to watch the movie again and see what things i can figure out from it. 

I am so excited to learn all these knew things. While I say how stressful things are...I really am loving school.

After the movie I went back and got Justine ans we took the little kids to walk the track and exercise. They LOVED running around. And Justine just talked and talked. It was awesome.




Justine made this GREAT pillow in some sewing class for college. I'm sure it is important for her degree is some way or another. 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...