Saturday, February 7, 2015

Some dog pooped on Kate's birthday cake! The nerve!

hi. 

Sometimes even if you are watching your calories you just gotta have a McDonald's fish filet...and maybe a small fry. But then they give you a medium instead. So that is what you have to have...out of not wanting to waste it. And if you haven't had fries for like a year...you are happy. 

The worst part of the flu is gone. 

Now I am just stupidly tired. 

But birthdays don't wait for the flu and we are celebrating two tomorrow.

Kate scrolled through all the fancy unicorn, puppies, horses and kitty sections of cakes on Google. 

And of ALL those fancy BEAUTIFUL cakes....this is the one she wanted.


A dog house. Only with her name on it. (It just coincidentally has Bo's name on it. Cause we tiny bit named our kid a dog's name.)

I was happy with that cute dog house because it is better than some of the other options on Google....say like for example...this one.....


Who could eat that masterpiece? Who could make it??? Insane!

Justine wants a Somoan cheesecake. I have NEVER made a real live cheesecake before. So I was all game for trying it out. I got some advice and some pans from my friend DeAnn and I think it might be awesome. I have to finish its topping tomorrow. I ALWAYS wanted to learn how to make a real cheesecake. 


And this is what the beginning of a dog house looks like...


And here is the finished part. It is amazing what some green coconut can do to brighten up a cake. This cake was a relief because it was easy. And when we showed it to Kate she adored it. I am amused she wanted a dog house cake. Little funny person. 


Bo came up with the genius idea of the night and the teenagers in the family INSISTED IT MUST HAPPEN. So the dog had to poo a little poo on the grass....


It had to happen. It was unavoidable. 

Nathan was gone on a hang out with friends. So Rhett and Justine had a fun evening together of some card games and a movie as well as a snow shoe hike with their dad in Yellowstone!!!!!!! So neat!!!!!




They loved it. It was a mile and a half hike in and the same back. They saw moose and elk. 

OH! And good news! Justine and I found two more abandoned sad koala bears at the thrift store. Justine hid them in Nathan's bed. I love that girl! She totally gets me! We don't know why we are so weird!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...