Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I'm better

I am now officially in love with the Christian Rock chanel. I can't even go back to listenting to the other music (I just have normal radio and would just flip station to station from song to song). I love these songs and how they praise God and Jesus. My last religion teacher taught us, to the point of demanding, respect for every hymn because they were prayers. Song swere as serious as prayers on your knees to him and I want to believe him and so I do. And I love these songs. They talk about being held by Jesus and us having power and I can't even describe it very well without finding quotes from the song. But they stir my soul. I have ALWAYS loved religions that openly speak in those beautiful ways of praise. you know, like "God is good", and "Praise baby Jesus" (I kid you not. My college friend told me she grew up with that). There are tons of them and I just like them.

When I got to school this morning I had time so I pulled out my prayer notebook. The week of the fair when I worked SO many hours, I didn't pray. :( Oh! Cept I did! Because I sang all my prayers the whole way there and back! ;) It felt good to have a few minutes to write in my prayer journal. My professor who is one of my favirots reminded us to kneel in the moning before we come to class so that we can know the things we are suppose to know in our education. Learning Social Work stuff feels like important learning because it is going to be helping people and so we really do need to know what the most important things are for us to learn.

I had a way better day today. This is ridiculous but I don't own any clothes. Especially since I am bordering between two sizes and since I ate too much fair junk I am on the wrong side. Anyway, I bought myself a few new clothes and I felt way better. It wasn't for vanity. It was just because I need to feel good about myself. My old therapist believed that. He said it was okay for girls to spend a little money on themselves to feel pretty.

One of the reasons class was so great was because I am learning how to run a group. As in like group therapy. There is a method to how they do it! Actually there is like 13 methods and I get to learn every single one of them!!!!! And it is so exciting. I can't wait!!!!!! And the stuff we were learning just thrilled my soul.

And then in my next class we learned about interviewing someone as a social worker. And the terrifying thing is...the professor brought in a REAL LIVE person for us to interview. NOT ROLE PLAY. So those we had time for, got to interview this man in five minute intervals as Social Workers with questions that we just came up with and that were about very private matters. We all sat in a circle and listened and then we are going to WATCH all of ourselves on camera doing the interview and the teacher will critique EVERY little detail. TERRIFYING but SO EXCITING. It was a beautiful experience today. The interview. The sharing that went on. The intimacy that was needed on both ends.

So I loved class. And I think it might be a easier load. My house has actually been clean this week. That may change as I get more into school. But I need less chaos than the last two semesters were. I need to help my kids every day with their homework and I have been. God is good that math is over!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do three semesters of math. I like it but it doesn't like me back. :(

I was also so happy to run into my most favoritest teacher and one of my greatest educational experiences...Matthew Whoolery. I say that a little painfully because I sure love my other teachers as well. But this guy got my brain all twisted around with different ideas. You should look him up on TED talks. For some reason I am a slugger. I have noticed that before. So as I walk by him in the hall way I gave him a little slug push. Kind of weird. But I'm said "Do you remember me?" He has so many students.... but he did and he was so sweet and we shook hands my favorite kind, the four clasp handshake and we talked about how I read the chapter on schizophrenia that we didn't get to read in class and it was SO AWESOME. It is from a book called crazy like us that talks about how different cultures deal with different illnesses and it was SO INTERESTING. And again, brain twisting. He was so kind and excited and we chatted about it for a minute and I just like that guy so much.

Our school is inexpensive compared to other colleges. The tithing of the members help to appease the costs. I am grateful to be there. I am grateful to be back in school.

So this is what happened to Kassidy last week. For reals!!!! She was bit by something but no ones seems to know exactly what.  She said she is fine now but might have scars. Sad.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...