Sunday, September 13, 2015

hi guys. I'm quitting sugar.


I had the busiest last week ever. I worked like fifty hours. It is our state fair and my work has a booth. So we all spent out time between there and our store.

It is always fun and exhausting. I never stop feeling grateful for my kind boss. He treats us very, very well. I love his wife and his kids and I truly know his business does so well because he is a great human being and really treats all customers very fair and helps them the most he can when their boots have failed them.

We gives us money for fair food. So it is fun to try the different food. And then I am ALWAYS reaffirmed that fair food is gross and I have no idea why we all think we are going to love it so much. So I have been doing my usual battle with quitting sugar and then not quitting it. I am disappointed in myself and my lack of commitment. I am confused if I am filling  myself with food instead of God kind of thing or if I am just chemically addicted to sugar (YES) or what to do. I quit and then think I will be okay to have just one and then fail. And I don't know how to make myself stick to it? I want to but then why don't I? My work friends have seen me do this over and over again. I told my boss I needed someone to offer me a hundred dollars to not do it for 3 months. I said something to my boss about him probably being a safe bet (Since I have failed so many times). He was completely serious and said, "No, I think you could do it...." Sometimes we don't know how much encouragement from one person to another can mean. Sometimes we don't know that we believe other people when they say we can... or can't. I am going to believe him that I can. I am going to just choose to believe him. Cause that self talk stuff is suppose to be pretty important.

The other day a man brought some boots it and he was a little down and out and his boots were really down and out. So I told my co worker we were going to make his boots beautiful for him. He hadn't asked that we do much on them and he was a very nice man.  I loved that my co worker took over and worked hard to give him new eyelets while I glued areas and treated them with leather protection. We made those boots great. I was proud of us.

I wish I needed a new back pack. I want this one and I don't even like pizza.



They have a donut one as well. But I am just not sure me and my thighs should really be walking around with a donut back pack. Plus I might try to eat it.
 
Tomorrow is my first day of school. I am expecting to have a wonderful semester. When I got my books I almost felt gleeful as I looked at each one and they great subject matters I get to learn. Have I ever mentioned I had no desire to go back to school? I thought it sounded super NOT fun. I was wrong. And the best news...I AM DONE WITH MATH!!!!!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...