Sunday, September 27, 2015

The universe went backwards and I believe in Fairies.

Lately I've thought about not blogging anymore. But I can't bring myself to officially quit and shut it down. I think about my kids and how good of a history this is for our lives. So I don't quit.
 
I am back at turning another year of blogging into a blog book. A company names Blurp has a program that you make the book on. It takes FOREVER. Like for reals. I don't even enjoy it. I have to re create every page. It's kind of like online scrap booking. But I don't do anything to the pages but make the pictures and text look decent. The two books I have done, although expensive, are pretty priceless I think.
 
I have two sad things to say. One is sad sad and the other is just a little sad.
 
The first sad is my mom has been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. For over a year now she has suffered from huge breathing problems and been on oxygen at night. She also has had a cough that about makes her crazy. She thought that was due to allergies but she has never been able to get it to go away. I am not sure if the cough is due to the pulmonary hypertension or not though.  She is going to the hospital for therapy on how breathe different and also to learn exercises that she can do. Kids hate to see there parents sick. It makes the universe seem backwards.
 
The other sad probably isn't even appropriate to talk about after I told you the first sad. But I hate awkward sadness. So here it is.
 
I told Kate Santa wasn't real and now it hurts my heart.
 
Corey has always told the kids that Santa isn't real. I didn't really like it but also they were borderline old enough to know so I just didn't get to worried about it.
 
Kate is a tricky little girl. And the whole Santa thing didn't quite add up to her. Especially since Santa lives in our ward and is Santa all year long who gives out mints in the back of the church. But he is also Brother E.  Um.....how does that work?





































So she kept asking me and asking me and I would lie and lie. And then one day I said...do you really want to know? And she said yes and I told her the truth. And she has been heart broken ever since. And I was sad. What kind of mother tells her kid that??????
 
And then she wanted to know about the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. I told her they were all not real. Ummmm.....
 
And then for weeks and weeks she was sad and would tell me she wished I never had told her. *hangs head in shame*
 
So one day I said I lied. He was real. And she didn't believe me but I told her we were going to pretend that I had lied the first time and that he really is real. He's real. He's really real.  For reals.
 
So that is totally what we do. I had to tell all the older kids to never mind that she believed again. Today she innocently asked me how the tooth fairy knows which houses to go to? And at church she asked me if Brother E. was really Santa or just looked like him. I think it stuck!!!!!!!
 
SHEESH. GIGANTIC PHEW. I live in crazy town, people!
 
My new months motto......

 
Love you, mom. My mom is the best human being ever. You all know it's true.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...