Sunday, January 10, 2016

I have totally applied to graduate school.

I remember about four years ago when my first friends started getting their Masters. It was totally like insane to me. Not that they were crazy, just that I hadn't really heard of very many women getting their Master's. Not just normal moms like me. Well, tons of my friends are getting them now. So it isn't quite as cool that I am going for mine...but...for me...it's pretty cool. I will be dang proud.

And when it happens I might be super obnoxious with it. I might throw around my opinions as facts and then remind people that I have a Masters so I would know.

Just yesterday....I have this sweet coworker, Dave (he brought us coconut water and was SO passionate about how unearthly delicious it was...IT. WAS. PUTRID.) who saw me returning the Star Wars game of Risk my kid didn't want for Christmas, and he got all excited and bought it from me.

I asked him if he had played it. He had! Two times by himself.... *crickets* ....and EIGHT times with his wife (who just finished her Masters). She WON ALL EIGHT TIMES. I told David...."Um...yea. She has a Masters!!!! No surprise there!"

So for me to just say I have applied for my Masters and am waiting for my interview is so out of body for me that I don't know who I am!

This week is my internship. Since my blog is now private and like one person reads it now (hi mom!) I can say....I'm so scared!!!! Not of the people.... just of doing a real live job! And I hope I know enough! And am brave enough to go for it!. Those college kids are just so ready to take on the world and I am scared! I gained weight ( I hate myself :( ) and I sent a fortune on just a few professional clothes that I barely even feel comfortable in. But all I know is that my therapist from long ago told me to Face my Fears and I believe in it to my core and have to go for it.


I want to a big juicy life. I think I have thus far in many ways. But I want more of it. I want to get super healthy so I can live a long time and do great things with all my other little old lady friends.









2 comments:

Angie said...

You crack me up! I'm super proud of you. College is not something I will ever do. I also think coconut water is NASTY! I can't wait to hear about your first week. I'm just so excited for you! ❤

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...