Sunday, January 17, 2016

Woah. You guys. My internship is crazy fascinating. Totally different from what I thought. I am not scared of the clients at all so far. Turns out parole officers are advocates for the clients.

I have been to:

Domestic Violence Court
Mental Health Court
Court for people who have broken parole
Check ins from many clients
Drug evaluations being done
A rape training so I can go into the jail 
Group

It has been super interesting and the people I work with so far have been nice and it seems to be going well.

I had to buy professional clothes. I spent a lot of time shopping for clothes so I would look decent. It was stressful and took so much work finding something that worked half way!

I managed to say two offensive things already and to walk around two SEPARATE times with my zipper down.There are so many snaps and hooks and buttons on my slacks! I get confused!

The guy in charge said to keep me around. I was like a ray of sunshine and that I was still uncynicial. It was because I thought the way the parole officer dealt with his client was so kind and supportive and I mentioned to them how sweet it was to witness.

Seeing some of these things helps affirm to me I am doing the right thing.

SO during Christmas break I finished one of my quiet book pages. I had it sitting around mostly finished for over a year and was glad to get it done. :)






1 comment:

Aine said...

Your first grandkid is going to have the awesomest quiet book ever! And I can see you being a ray of sunshine - you do that for everyone. ♥

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...