Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. -Mark Twain-

Rhett turned 10!







Rhett is full of character. Not the kind of moral good standing, but the kind of lots of personality.


Sometimes it is super annoying. He is the kid who punches me with slug bugs super hard in the car, super hard. His constant whistling almost makes me scream in his face to shut his little whistley pie hole. If he decides he wants a little attention he can give me a friendly little side bump hello that will almost knock me off my feet with his strength. I can barely stand it when he is the sick child home from school because he does noting but agitate his younger siblings. I have to constantly remind him that I can take him to his knees with one smoosh of his bent pinky finger if I need to. And sometimes I have to. Just to remind him. And. he. loves. every. minute. of. it.

He never ends a phone conversation without saying "I love you". I love this kid! He is great annoying fun.


Today he came up to me with a blob of... left on the floor, black, Halloween, play doh.


And he tried to trick me (of course), "look, a piece of burned wood".

Being the party pooper I was I told him exactly what it was.

He said, "How do you know?"


"Because, I'm not stupid Rhett."


....and I turned to the microwave where I had been cooking Kate's lunch. And. I. removed. an. empty. bowl.....



*crickets* *chirp, chirp*


Empty. As in.... I cooked a bowl of Kate's lunch but never put the food in the bowl. That kind of empty. Cause I am super smart that way. Pffttt!

Actually there are many a day where I think I am TOTALLY losing it!!!


Speaking of Rhett.....His reading his improving!!!!!!!! It is still far from where it should be but he is making progress. Yay. Spelling? Not so much.


The one thing I hear over and over again about Rhett is what a hard worker he is. That will take him a long way.



Rhett LOVES it when it is time to go help dad chop and prepare the fire wood. He asks to mow the neighbors lawn for fun. He just loves work. I love that.


Speaking of firewood....



Here is Corey's haul for this year....









The little kids help dad....







I think it is totally amazing. The amount of work it takes to get that much wood? And chop it? Amazing. Thanks Corey. For keeping our family warm.



P.S. I have been trying to lose weight. Again. And the "Litehouse" brand, ranch, made out of yogurt is pretty dang good for "light" dressing. Just letting you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missy said...Once again you entertain me with your humor and you keep it real...who doesn't have a kid they wanted to tell to shut their whistley pie hole?

Heather said...You are the best!!! Amazing Mom, I love your blog!!! Thanks for making me feel normal!!!

Susan said...Well, I think we are fairly dysfunctional so I don't know if being our kind of "normal" is a good thing!·

Heather said... Densley I love your normal :)

Aine said...Did Crystal tell you that while she was reading your blog she was laughing so hard she had tears streaming down her face?? I think I felt a twinge of jealousy... ;)

Nancy said...Gotta love that boy!!!

Susan said...Aine! That means so much! I love your smart kid!!!!!

Carolyn said...That is a pretty astute observation-what a great boy!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...