Monday, October 24, 2011

Who knew gluing rocks was going to be so much fun?!!!

Justine and I have been having tons of fun gluing rocks together.

In our neighborhood lives a wonderful kind lady named Gwen. For years and years and years Gwen has opened her home to children to come learn many things such as crafts, rockets building, gingerbread houses, cooking classes, sewing classes, junk art, sand art, mosaics, ceramics, everything you can think of I bet she had taught. (Including the one my daughter keeps trying to talk her into but she refuses to try ever again. I don't know it's name but you basically dip a furry cute stuffed animal in wax an then it hardens into a waxy, stuffed sculpture. I have no idea it's purpose but Gwen refuses to try it again.)

Anyway, Gwen usually just teaches kids through 4-H but this time she opened up a class to the adults also and Justine and I are taking it with a few other friends from the 4-H club.

We are making these.....




(These are Gwen's set)

Cute huh!

So Justine and I have been very busy gluing rocks and creating. It feel good to do something creative! I have been really proud of Justine because she just went for it. Gluing and creating with confidence. Not worrying if she made a mistake. It took me a little longer to get going because I want them to be PERFECT.

Then I couldn't stop having fun making a whole orchestra.


Too much fun!!! And sort of a waste of time. But doing something fun is okay, right? I think so. We are almost done with the gluing and will begin the painting. I hope that is fun also!

2 comments:

Tiffany Parkin said...

So fun and NOT a waste of time. It is something creative that nourishes the mind and soul and your relationship with your daughter. I love it!!! Now I want to go pick out rocks and get my glue gun :)

Pirate Princess said...

If it brings you joy it is NOT a waste!!! ♥

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...