Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Corey and I have a fairly new dishwasher. And about 3 months ago it began leaving debris in all of the dishes that would be on the top rack. It was driving me crazy because I for sure do two loads of dishes a day. And I need all my appliances to behave themselves...(*hint hint* washer machine!)...because I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything as it is. I can't be slowed down by faulty equipment! (*hint hint* left side of the toaster!)


I took the whole dishwasher apart and cleaned every inch of all the crud built up in it. It took hours. And I was super disappointed when that did not solve the problem.


So when the repair guy came to attempt to fix our wonderful 17 year old washing machine (It is dead by the way...boo! I love it because we bought it in preparation of Kassidy's birth) I mentioned the dish washer problem to him.


He sold me a bottle of this....





for five bucks.

And then after he sold it to me he told me I could buy it cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Ha Ha. That cracked me up!

Anyway....my dad being the scientific man that he is, took home some debris and declared to me that it was glass and minerals.


The repair man gave me a handout about how dishwasher detergent no longer has phosphate in it which leaves dishes, that are washed in hard water, with minerals and other stuff still stuck to them.

SO...I PROMISED you yesterday I was going to do you a huge favor. And this is it! Go buy Lemi Shine. It works like nobodies business! And now my dishes are super shiny and super clean!!!!!!!


Can I get a Wahoo!!!!!!!


Seriously! Wahoo!!!!!!!!


And here is a recipe I want to try....





Today my dad asked me why I was into making all these home made things.... laundry detergent , butter (that was just for fun),...I almost yelled...I DON'T WANT TO!!!!! But life is just so expensive right now! Dads are so cute.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man! you must have used the guys who work in from the back room of that furniture store downtown cause they did the exact same thing to me: sold us lemishine and then telling us where we could get it cheaper. it IS amazing though. I read somewhere that using lemonade or tang granules works about as well too. haven't tried it though.

Jennifer said...

Lemi-shine is the bomb! But, I learned the hard way it will remove decorative paint on glassware (like the stripes I had). Plain Borax also works against hard water deposits. It may not deliver the same single-use WOW factor that Lemi-shine does, but after a few times using it your dishwasher and dishes look great. I had a box of Borax sitting around because, like you, I make my own laundry soap, and the label says to add about 1/4 Borax cup per dishwasher load.

I wasn't sure -- is your recipe for dishwasher detergent? Can't wait to try it!

Small victories on the homefront are still victories!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...