Friday, October 28, 2011

When we painted Justine's room lime and aqua Corey almost died. Now it's the coolest room in the house!

I love Taylor Swift.

Is that teeny boppy of me?

I don't care. I love her.

I help my kids clean their rooms. I admit it. Most of the time I make them do it but very often I go in and clean also. I don't have any philosophy on if that is right or wrong. All I know is I can't stand the mess and I do it. Sometimes I make them help and sometimes I just do it while they are gone so I can trash stuff. Also sometimes the rooms just get so bad the kids can't get it done to my expectation so I do it and give them a fresh start. Then they maintain for a month and then I go in the trenches yet again..

I also help Justine because she is sharing with a little sister who helps make the mess but not the cleaning up part. Although sometimes when I get in there I realize Kate's mess is only a quarter of the mess and the rest of it is Justine's. She is just like I was as a kid.

So one day I was bored and pushed play on the CD player and listened to Taylor Swift's new CD. It was delightful. I fell in love with her right there.

Because I picture my sweet teenage girl locked in her room doing her own thing and listening to this sweet song about never growing up. This sweet little song about enjoying your child hood. About giving your mom a break and not making her park down the street when she drops you off somewhere. I just picture her in her room, which she has put so much love into, and I just bet she is happy in there listening to Taylor's beautiful song. I love her, I'm tellin' you. I love her for giving those good feelings to my girl.






Justine LOVES little knick knacks. It's cute.

























Taylor also has this great song to Kanye west. If you are up in the Hollywood stuff you would know that he interrupted Taylor's winning speech to, instead, give Kudos to Beyonce who didn't win but he must have felt she should have. Kanye actually took Taylor's microphone and ruined her winning speech. Which I am sure was a huge deal to Taylor. Being young in the industry. (I sound like a producer! Heck ya)

So it was a shocking and scandalous moment and was all over the talk shows. But Taylor handled herself so sweetly. So wisely. So without guile.

Then she wrote this great little song. The critics say the song is just marginal but I think it is beautiful. It speaks of making mistakes. And who you've been is not still who you are. And Kanye's light is still bright to her. I don't know. I just like it.




That's all. Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camy said...Awww, sweet. I love Taylor too and appreciate the example she is to my sweet, Kayla. I help clean rooms too. In fact, me and K have a date for some cleaning and de-junking her room tomorrow. I did Ethan's last week while he was at his moms. Love ya!

Jenni said...after months and months of seeing you post this link, I just realized today that it's your blog. You've done such a great job with it. It's probably the best family blog I've seen. So glad I'm now in the know!

Susan said...Thanks Jenni! You'll soon see the chaos I am living in!

Camy said...But it's organized chaos filled with love :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...