Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Be still my spooky soul...

When I saw this.....



my heart fluttered a bit. Can you think of anything more GLORIOUSLY SPOOKY then this head in a jar?????

*Squeal!!!*

I love it. I tried to make one but had little success. I need to find a better picture on the Internet to print. It all has to be some fancy 3-D something rather. (Thanks to my buddies Michelle and Ant for trying to help me by printing me a picture off their laser printer and delivering it! Super nice. And thanks to Lara for the jar.)

It will have to be one of my lofty goals to make one before our next spooky dinner.

So....I really love Halloween. Therefore you may just be seeing a week of Halloween blogging. I know it is totally stupid that I am going to be blogging it when we are moving on to giving thanks holidays but I can't let it go.

I haven't had time to blog because I have been painting rocks. SUPER FUN!!!!

So back to me loving Halloween....one of my BFF's called me a dichotomy the other day. Because I love Halloween and all it's creep factor but I am also too scared to drive in the dark, Or walk anywhere in the dark. Or be in the dark.

I cannot even watch spooky movies without literally feeling physically ill because of the terror of it all. Then I can't sleep peacefully for like months. No lie.




If Corey has gone to bed first I have to travel from the bathroom to the bed in the dark. I will do so, super fast and fly into the bed and land as close to him as possible (hoping to wake him up a tiny bit so he will roll over and do his manly job of protecting me) and hide under the covers until my anxiety goes down. And that is after NOT watching scary...... yea...I have a few issues.

But I love Halloween! I just think it is good creative fun. And good safe scariness. And I am okay with that.

So...without further adieu....I will now present to you a picture of what every FAMILY should OWN!

A a a a a a a......BRAIN JELLO MOLD!!!!!!!!




yea, I know. It's pretty GREAT!!!





Rhett came up to me and said....."What is that?"



Me...."It's a brain"



Him..."Yea, but what is it?"



Me..."It's a brain"



Him...."but what's it made out of?"



Me....."Brain"



Him...."but...."



Me...."How long have you lived in this family!!!!!! It's a brain."


(I never disclose the ingredients of spooky dinner food. Not on Halloween anyway!)


Then the other kids start....."what is that?"



Me...."It's a brain"



Them......"Yea but what is it?"



Me....."It's a BRAIN!"



Anyway! Spooky dinner was great fun. I'll post some pictures tomorrow on it.



Also, I'm totally a blessed mom.....Tonight I made tator tot casserole. Which is a tiny bit..... ewwww. And Corey wont touch it. But it is cheap and easy. And Mrs. Duggar makes it and I love her. Actually, I think her kids make it. Because she is more organized then me and trained her kids to be totally useful....you know....instead of some other kids...that....are around. Ahem. JUST Kidding! My kids totally know how to make some stuff. Toast. Top Ramon. Marconi and Cheese...sort of.



So Rhett found out what I was making for dinner and he got super excited and told me...."You do not know how much I love tator tot casserole!"



uhh....Score!!!!! Take that Mrs. Duggar! No, just teasing. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary said...I love the brain jello, was that cottage cheese in it?

Susan said....Mary! It's Brain matter! Just kidding. cottage cheese. I was thinking Ryan probably really knows how to make Halloween great!!!

Linda said...That brain was awesomely nasty. Glad it wasn't on my table, but yay for you for making things so fun! You know, the fact that we are such good friends when we really, really have nothing in common...? Dichotomy.

Michelle said....I threw up a little when I saw the brain. So I guess that means you were successful. But if we are ever offered an invitation to eat dinner at your house on Halloween, don't be surprised if we are suddenly out of town. *eye twitch* *shudder*

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...