Monday, November 7, 2011

It was a spooktacular night. Yea, I know. everyone has moved on to Thanksgiving. But I wasn't done yet!

Our family has held a "Spooky Dinner" for probably over twelve years now. It's just fun. Here are the different foods we had this time. (In the past we have had more but I am getting old and food is getting too expensive! I seriously want to cry about it.)


Shrek sludge shrimp dip...See the green cream cheese on the bottom? Thanks Sherri!





Bread stick bones in bloody dip! Thanks Jessi!



Mummy meat ball eye balls!


Pumpkin pizza! Thanks mom!


Vampire Blood punch!


Goblin Guts! Thanks Carolyn!


Of course, Black Witch Chips! Thanks, Mom!


Bloody Monster eyeball! Thanks Carolyn! (These were little calazones inside!)


Spider Deviled eggs!




Spooky Sprinkled cupcakes! Thanks, Mom!


A huge favorite! Hoot Owl cookies! Thanks, Carolyn!


Candy corn cookies! Turned out super cute! Thank you Jessi and of course, pinterest!!!


The food was all spooky, which is a requirement, and yummy, which is optional.

I have tried for years to buy dry ice. It never makes it home. I open the bag and the ice is gone! So this year, since my dad lives close to the grocery store, I ask my dad to get dry ice.


Here is the gist of how the conversation goes. (And this is how most of my conversations go with my dad...)

Me-"Dad, I thought of something cool and I want you help."


Him-"You know Susan, I don't know why you think I have nothing else to do but follow through on all your ideas."

Me- "Because I want life to be fun and I need help!"


Him- "Well then maybe you just can't do all these things you want to do"


Me- "Well, I can if you will help me. It's called delegation."

And then we argue a bit more about it.


And then of course he buys the dry ice.

And then of course they have major excitement with it.

And he is glad he did it. Even though he never admits it to me. And the next time I call him in need, he will complain at me like crazy. And then follow through.

I finally told him this time, "You know you're going to do it so can we just skip all this conversation in the middle?"

See? Cool!


Thinking about putting some in their mouths...



I enjoy bantering with my dad. I don't take him too seriously. It drives my mom nutso. But it is part of our routine. He usually gets into my ideas.

Like this! The cute little guy decorated the living room with a spider web.


I was telling Justine how cute it was and she turns to me and softly mumbles...."yea, there is a squirrel tail in it."


Hello little pet shop of horrors!!!!



"and bones."




Sure enough....in proper Kent style....there was. And other natural things he found out side.







Including a random pumpkin he found in the road that looks like it is barfing bead parafanila.


I loved it!



That is just my dad. I would have not expected less from him. And I am glad to be a bit like him.


Wanna see our costumes?


Justine was Face Book

And her sister was "poking" her. LOL



The Princesses...Lily (my great niece?) was Aurora, and Kate was Snow White.


And Bo was feeling lazy today. So he decided to just stay in his church clothes and he told me he "was a boy going to church." Cute.




My dad... Just a cool shirt.
My creepola mom! It was classic!






Corey's "costume", a Steeler's fan. Don't let him fool you. He was home watching the football game in this exact outfit.


Uncle Frank and Sherri...The tourist!




Princess Kassidy

Me! I told the kids I was Halloween's mother. Corey digged my wig! He said how cute I was all the time I was wearing it.


My beautiful fun niece! Just her cool self in Autumn colors. She's a hippie girl. Not her costume. In real life.



Pregnant with my 2ND little great Niece(?)Saige.

And Jessie sewed this cute skirt.


New Grandpa Dale....An Indian!


Snow White again...


Nathan the Giant!


More Face book!


More creepy mom....


More Princess Kassidy...


Grandma Nielsen as a tigeress! This picture was taken about a week after a strange amneisa strokish issue and one week before a heart attack. But she is home and well and funny as ever! Love you!!!!



Meow! Rawr! Ha Ha!


Hanging out fun....



You can see Rhett on the left in his were wolf costume...




Anyway, thanks for looking. Love me some spooky halloween!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dry ice in the mouth is okay moving round, but when it sticks and you crunch it and get an implosion/explosion and only carbon-dioxide for your first breath. Fine for adults, but don't let the kids try it.

Anonymous said...

Kim said...You guys are so fun!

Sherri said...We had a great time! I loved reading the blog. I enjoy your writing. Loved the pictures :)

Jessi said...I think Spooky Dinner was so much fun this year!!! Thanks for all the compliments. LOL, sheesh, I was blushing! :) You're pretty amazing yourself! Love you!

Mary said...super fun!!love the pumpkin pizzas Nancy.

Linda said...Your dad is great! Love him and your mom both. And Carolyn and Dale too, when i met him. You're a lucky family to have so many great supportive people! Glad Carolyn is doing well!

Melanie said...HAH I love the way you tell stories. And I agree that your dad is awesome. Knowing both of you, I can see in my head that conversation. He's hinted that I'm (Ok, well, he said it flat out) that I'm a lot like his "daughter, Susan, who puts too much on her plate at one time and how am I going to figure out how to do it all?" He was great about coming to my rescue in putting together the case for the rock show, though. HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...