Sunday, November 13, 2011

Phew! The last of Halloween.

Before I share the final Halloween pictures I just wanted to say... I recently heard about some study about depression in women....caused by....READING BLOGS!!!!!! Isn't that sad...and crazy.....and true??!!!!!


I know that happens to me sometimes. Where you read some fabulous blog and you think everyone is doing better than you. I hope you all have seen that is not true in my case. I don't want to ever share things and make anyone else think I am doing so much better than they are.



Because the truth is I am just struggling to get along the best I can, just as I am going to assume you are also. Even if your blog is glorious.


I have struggled for years to try to do scripture study in the morning with my kids before school. I. can. never. ever. never. get. out. of. bed. Even when the night before I say to myself, "Do you love the Lord or sleep more?" And then I still sleep in.


I was grumpy to BOTH my cute sons the other morning because I still have to get them out of bed in the morning. And we were late to our six o'clock appointment to put out flags for Veterans day. And the man whom was waiting for us to be on time was a military Navy man and it was humiliating because promptness is something I care so much about and I am assuming he, being a military guy, does also.


I have 45 boards and 500 pins and I have only made one idea thus far. But the plans I have. Which let's face it. I won't ever do.


I never even had a shower yesterday.


My house is messy and I am fat. (Although I swear I am just not changing that on purpose so I won't intimidate anyone else.)


I told Bo the other morning it was quiet time even. though. he. just. woke. up.


So no matter what things you might read on my blog that might make you think I am doing better than you....NOT TRUE! I am muddling through just like the rest of most of us are! You read my horrible basketball blunder yesterday!


Anyways...on to Halloween costumes and then I am officially OVER Halloween. I am sick of it myself at this point!!!

Bo started out as a dinosaur but was a little uncomfortable with the resemblance to Barney.


He changes into Pikachu.... Kate was a Snow White Princess... And Rhett was a were Wolf! I spent no money on costumes this year. It was great.



Nathan was a giant which was super fitting since he is growing so MUCH!



Bo LOVES Pikachu right now!



Snow White ready to go!

We have a great neighbor hood for trick or treating. I appreciate the neighbors making things fun!










Kate went to one of the scariest houses which happens to belong to her church nursery teachers. Her teacher was showing her his face so she wouldn't be scared and dropped his sickle (?) on her head. Bonked her a bit but kisses from his spouse (her other teacher) made it all better. I was amused. "Don't be scared..."...Bonk!








In other exciting news....





Kate won a Halloween coloring contest at the dentist office! When I saw her picture I thought it was pretty cute!





So when she won and it literally broke Bo's heart. He couldn't understand why his picture wasn't good enough. It killed me. Sad.





And Kate..... could have cared less! She wasn't even nice and cute when she went to the dentist office to pick up her prize. She didn't even acknowledge them or the prize or anything. She just wanted to play with the stupid electric toothbrushes!!!





So, because the dentist office threw away her prize winning picture.....





(uh...may we pause on that for a moment? WHO DOES THAT?????.....)



...I only have this bratty moment of her winning because I had to haul her to the car crying and the picture was long gone in the trash. Oh well!






FUNNY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heart you Susan!
I think as moms we kinda all suck (how horrible is it for me to say that!) and those who 'have it all together' are probably just OCD and their kids/husband probably feel like it's torture living with them.

Or maybe I'm saying that just to make myself feel better :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany P. said...If you only knew how many days I missed a shower or how messy my house can get!!! I love your blog. Makes me feel normal :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...