Friday, October 11, 2013

Don't give me that knowing look!

Here is a little thing I am learning about going back to school.

My friend Becci taught me it.

My friend Deann actually helped me learn it.

And my friend Linda and I decided to surrender to it I believe.

And Newell (my younger coworker who has become such a friend to me) believes it too, and was told so by a teacher he had when he was in culinary school.

When you are a mom of kids at home, and/or a working person, and a wife, and a homemaker (at this point only sort of) and a dog trainer,....sometimes....getting straight A's isn't the very most important thing.

AS MUCH AS YOU WANT IT TO BE BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO GIVE THINGS YOUR ALL.

But you can't. And you just have to accept that being a mom and all these other responsibilities come first. And that it wasn't like the first time you went to school when you only had to worry about school and boys.

So today I got a B- on my first test in Social Work. Stinks but I'm okay with it. I'd have liked to done better but I didn't have a ton of time to commit to it. (The online class consumes so much time!!!!)

So it is what it is.

And GUESS WHAT?????

The coolest thing ever. When you are going to the school's testing center..you can go left to the quiet room, or RIGHT to the CLASSICAL MUSIC ROOM!!!!!!!!!

I have never really cared about classical music but I was SO going into that room. I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked it in there. I am going in there every time.

The "kids" at the school are so stinkin' nice. They hold the door for me (cause I an old lady!) and are just sweet. It is a great atmosphere.

So I have it in my head that maybe...just maybe...the kids at the college don't know I am an old lady. But then....another old lady (who was probably younger than me) saw me and gave me a knowing smile and look that said "I'm an old lady too". I was like WHAAAAAT????? ARE YOU NODDING AND LOOKING KNOWINGLY AT ME????????? CAUSE I don't know who you are nodding at but I still look like the rest of these kids, thank you very much! :(

Rhett just told me that Greyson's mom is AWESOME because she bought double stuffed cheese crust pizza!!!!! That's all it takes I guess! Good to know.

Ok. So do you guys ever "Catastrophasize"? I do all of the time. And Kristopher calls me on it. I think it is important to call yourself on catasrophasizing. To recognize you are doing it and to keep things in perspective.


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...