Monday, October 21, 2013

Let the Spooky happening begin

I like Halloween! I'm sorry if it represents creepola stuff but I like it! It's FUN
 
One of the fun things the kids and I do every year is
 
THE PORCH..... (say it all spooky like)
 
I love now that the kids are old enough to just go for it themselves. I am telling you, some stretchy spider web stuff goes a long way!
 
First we had to rip SUMMER clear the heck out of there.
 
Summer = Bleck!
 
I just don't love summer.
 
So Rhett, My little worker had those flowers out of there in no time. (The frost would have killed them very soon so don't be sad.)
 

It made me so happy to see the kids so excited and working together to do the front porch. And then a few kids gave us a lot of comliments  about how our couch always looked so creepy. Best compliment ever.


 

 I must admit.... This creeps me out every time I see it!



Look at this little cutie! The kids love to get the costumes out!


Punkin carving!





Bo had a tummy ache all day today. :(

 


Nathan made a Thor's Hammer cake.



 
Trying to make a Steelers Pumpkin!
 


 
We'd be disappointed if Justine hadn't done a One Direction pumpkin! Interesting tid bit about Justine. She is my fussiest eater. But she loves ANYTHING pumpkin. The one thing I think is gross!
 
 
 


 

Kassidy is making a Hobbit door pumpkin. Crazy Hobbit girl!


You know Kristopher's whole facing your fear nonsense? Well, turns out it is STINKING AWESOME!

I have been trying to face all sorts of fears and I just feel so cool. I am so wimpy and chickeny. I am so scared of haunted houses and spook alleys. Ever since I hit my head on a cement wall running when I was in college.

So there is a new one in our town. The kid's teacher was preforming in it. It had little plays in it through out. So we went. It was AWESOME and SCAREY. But I did it! The kid's teacher's performance was the COOLEST ever. She is great.
 
 
I am ashamed to admit that I clung onto my boys so tight and used them as human shields. Even Rhett. Well mostly Rhett, because he tolerated it. He is barely 12 and had never been to one of these. I just couldn't care. I had to hide behind him and shield myself. Cause that is the kind of mother I am. :( Sorry, baby. He told me later he wasn't mad.  Nathan told me the only time he got scared was when I screamed in his ear. I just can't help it! In this picture the haunted house is behind it. And that creepy little ghoul photo bombed us! Hilarious.
 
I am planning our spooky dinner menu. Please someone tell me they have a face mold from the craft store so I can make this beauty....
 
 
 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...