Saturday, October 5, 2013

Self Care Rocks!


Kristopher wants me to do empowering things. He wants me to have some life experiences that mix up my brain a bit.

My friend wanted to go zip lining. I was like..."I'll go."


I AM TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS.

But I know I have to be pushing myself.

So today was the day to go. It was SO FUN. And scary but not TERRIFYING. I could handle it! Yay.

We got to go like 6 times. Just driving to the zip lining site was already an adventure. We climbed into the back of an army truck by using a ladder just shoved against the truck. We almost died by the way of freezing to death in the back of the truck. We were like....what did we get in to!, as we were being jostled and frozen to death in the back of the truck.

When we got there and the guy was explaining the details to us he said when you are harnessed and ready to go "you PLUNGE yourself off the side of the canyon." We busted up all day over that.

We did a lot of unexpected hiking up to the zip line sites but it was great.

Me doing my "power stance" in my zip linings out fit!


Becci in her "power stance".



Collin, our sweet helper...




Milan, the other helper


Okay... this crazy thing.


Milan decided I had to be first. He actually told me that he wanted me to go first because I screamed a lot and even though it was scary it was good for me. I was a bit amused because it was such a "Kristopher" line.

They hooked me up. I was so scared I just stood there while the two guys did all the adjusting and hooking. I said it couldn't be that bad because they didn't make me wear a helmet.

He said...."oh, a helmet won't do you any good. If you fall you will just be dead."

Thanks.

Then they got on a four wheeler and drove and I rose up into the air. I was SO HIGH and just sitting there in the air. I was SHAKING. They told me to pull a cord and I instantly free fell and then swung and swung. And I screamed and screamed. It was terrifying. I kept saying, ok you can stop me now. But they couldn't. There wasn't a way. So I just swung.

When it was done I was shaking so hard I couldn't even take care of myself and get unhooked. But I was SO PROUD!

I feel so happy I lost weight. I am no longer trapped and I can do fun things now.

Afterwards Becci and I went to lunch and even a movie. It's called "Self Care". We both learned about it in social work class.

Wahoo for Self Care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! Well done empowered Ladies. My love to You. C.KentC.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...