Saturday, June 7, 2014

Breathe Deeply and Repeat.


This has been a busy few weeks! All sorts of stuff! Seminary graduation,  High School graduation, last day of school, college registration, work, getting Kassidy ready to for her mission, taking her to the temple, and this next week taking her to the Mission Training Center. All while I am swiftly not understanding my math. Well I understand it but then when they leave me to do a problem myself I am lostola! 

THIS DARLING GIRL


GRADUATED!!!!!!!

WITH HONORS!!!!!! 



We didn't even know! It REALLY meant a lot to me. I know some kids just get straight A's and it is just the way it is. So I don't meant to be braggy or anything. But my kids have to really try in school. (Well, they should be trying.) And Justine is a decent student and I was just very proud of her. It was special to see her care about her grades and try.



And she graduated EARLY MORNING SEMINARY!!!!
That is exhausting! Look at how cute and short she is. I love her.

AND LITTLE MISTER BO!!!!!! He scored fourth grade math level on one of his math test! I was so excited! So excited for his future. He is just coming along so well. Thankful to his teacher and his helpers and all they did for him.

Kassidy at the Temple.


Special trip with her dad


I don't feel devastated that Kassidy is leaving. I feel excited for her! But then my other half does feel like it might be traumatizing for me. How do you just say goodbye to your kid for that long???
She adds so much spice to our lives! I am a bit lost about this whole growing up children thing.


About this picture. Um....wow!

So ever since I got married and gained weight there was not much that could lower my self esteem more than shopping for clothes. It seriously hurt so so so so much.

Therefore I didn't. I wore the same clothes all the time. I had one church dress that was a hand me down and I wore it every Sunday for four years. No lie. One day in the mail some thoughtful person sent me money to get a new dress. I tried on everything I could and NOTHING was okay. So I didn't buy anything. 

Since I have lost weight it has been fun to buy some clothes but I am still very reserved because I am "going to lose more weight". I have a church dress that I like. It was a hand me down. Then one day I found one in my closet that must have come from someone but I cannot remember who at all. I am just simple that way. I am fine to wear the same dress. 

My friend Becci saw me on Face Book in that same dress and text me one day "Do you really only own one dress?" I text back...."I own two". And I told her I was fine with it. She text me back and said "I'm not". 

And she took me shopping. And she bought me a new dress. I tried on maybe twenty. She and I went to a few stores. She came in the dressing room with me and was in charge of getting the dresses on and off hangers and getting them fixed so I could try them on. It's a lot of work, you know. I kept apologizing that she just had to sit there and help me. She said "Obviously you haven't been shopping with girls. This is my job!"  I felt like I had a sister. I liked it. And I loved that there was probably ten that would have worked on me! 

What a beautiful gesture to me that she cared enough for me that she wanted me to feel pretty on my daughter's mission "farewell". She is a good good person. 
  

Corey being a goof ball at Dinner after Justine's graduation. He likes to put food in his teeth and say "you have something in your teeth."


 MY RHETT JUST CAME UP AND WAS LOOKING THROUGH THE SHELF OF KIDS BOOKS AND SAID"WE HAVE THE 'WINTER ROOM'??? I LOVED THE FIRST BOOK TO THIS!" If that kid can be excited about a book, my life is complete. He made me go right on Amazon to look at the books. Be still my heart.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...