Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas preparations for Kassidy and Big Judd's

I want to show these but I hesitate because I don't want to seem like I am trying to spoil my missionary kid or anything. Or that I am all indulgent. I don't know. I just like her and want to do some fun things and she only has one Christmas in the mission field. 

I sent this little treat to her and her companion. I also couldn't resist sending a set to her old companion and her companion. I feel like Kassidy's first companion will always be important because she helped Kassidy get started. 




The little nativity will be able to be cut up and fit into the tin when they are done with them. It is really tiny and cute. 


Kassidy was transferred to Peru, Indiana. She said it was the most horrible thing ever. That is because she is very dramatic. She will be just fine by now I am sure. 

For anyone who doesn't know, when LDS kids go on missions we get a weekly letter and that is it. No phone calls or texts or any communication unless it is Christmas and I think Mother's day. 
So Kassidy will email me and then I won't know anything again for a week. It's a little confusing sometimes when we are communicating. 

I couldn't resist these adorable miniature things at the craft store. So I got Kassidy decked out with stuff for her and her companion to decorate a little tree (it's pretty tiny small). I have several little presents for her and her companion to go under the tree. Isn't is cute??

My mom made the little tree skirt...









And little battery operated lights!!! I am going to send it with a label to return it so she doesn't have to pack it around on her mission or anything....

I ate sugar. twice. okay...three times. 

Last year we took Nathan to Big Judd's for his birthday to eat the Big Judd burger and now it was Rhett's turn! This place and this famous Big Judd's burger has even been on this show called Man vs. Food, it is that exciting. 

Grandpa Dale and Grandma Nielsen came for support. They were totally Rhett's best cheerleaders. It was awesome. 

Here he is ready to go!!!! They had changed the rules though. Now he had to drink this whole drink, all the tater tots and the hamburger is only 1/2 hour!!!!!!!!! And you couldn't leave the table or get any help.

The waitress was in charge of timing it. 
They would give us updates as to how much time he had left....




He's getting there!!!! I had no doubt that he could do it! (embarrassingly...I think I could!)



 All of sudden...he had like 8 tater tots left and about 1 minute. And his food had NO WHERE left to go down to. And he couldn't do it. He was truly going to puke. So he didn't finish the challenge. It was a little sad because everyone in the restaurant knew and so I felt bad for him. But he was okay and hungry the next day. 



Anyway, that's all for now. I have a lot more catch up to do later!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...