Sunday, November 2, 2014

I quit sugar but not chips and diet pop. We might have a problem.


So here is how it has worked thus far in my family. I have fairly annoying and wild little kids and pretty decent sweet big kids. I have no idea why it is like this. I don't think I did anything to make it be that way. It is just one of the mysteries of life.

Nathan decided this year he wanted to go to the regular high school instead of the charter high school. He told me he had prayed about it and wanted to. I do not have much desire to make my kids choices for them. I want them to make their own. My pressure to manage my life is too much, I want them to manage their own. So I was good with his choice. And...I was good when barely even two months later, he said he prayed again and wanted to go back to the charter school. I actually could see that he seemed less happy. It really boiled down to him just missing his friends. And having his friends with him all day. Fortunately he was able to get back in the charter school pretty easy and was very well received by his class mates who were so excited to have him back. Did I ever show these pictures? He was a good sport and let me take these pictures of him going into 10th grade....






The one thing that upset me and Nathan was he had to stop orchestra to go back to the charter school. It was his favorite class. He was able to perform in the concert still and it was awesome. He wore a tux for the first time ever and he liked it!

I mean look at that picture! It is  my every dream come true to see my son holding an instrument!!! I always waned that. But I haven't pushed it with Rhett. I use to be his piano teacher. It was hysterical. And it was not worth it! So we stopped. I told Nathan we would start private lessons again and when he was in college he could work on it some more. 





Our selfie. Thank heavens for the obnoxious selfie or there would be no pictures of me. 


 I still have not been eating sugar. But today I ate everything else. And I feel bad about myself now. I think a lot of my discouraged moments come from breaking promises to myself as far as my eating goes. Because before today I have felt very strong and very good because I have been careful with my food and no sugar. 

So I bought this book that Kristopher recommended to me. It has SO many great words in it that can apply to so many areas of life. The book is called "Die Fat or Get Tough". Here is one really great paragraph from it.... 

"Fat people believe they can cave in to cravings without consequences. Fit people know caving in is a slippery slope that leads to obesity....Cravings are like mini addictions that must be mastered. The best thing about overcoming cravings is they become less powerful every time you conquer them. Your success in this process sends a clear message from your mind to your body that says "I'm in control and you're not. I'm the master and your're the servant. Stop craving foods you can't have." Fat people feel helpless to stop themselves while fit people are in total control. You begin taking control over cravings and that sets the stage for ultimate victory: taking control of your diets and exercise..and finally...your entire life. Fit people carry their success into everything they do. While fat people believe being fit is only about their health and looks, truth is, our success in this area will make you richer, more fulfilled and happier, If you an conquer cravings, eventually, you will be able to conquer anything. Fat people use the same focus, discipline, concentration and tenacity as successful people in any area of life. The principles are the same and simple to follow. It may not be easy in the beginning, but every time you choose to ignore a craving it will get a little easier. All you have to do after that is stand guard and block the old habits from returning. 

Forgive yourself for all your past failures and decide to start your life over today. Everything you're not happy with is now considered a 'do over'."

It is seriously an inspiring book. I look through it when I screw up and want to keep fighting. 

AND

Because sometimes you just have to put you pet mouse and your pet bird in the doll house. 


And Kate loves it when it gets cold because the cat comes in to cuddle. 



No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...