Saturday, November 1, 2014

dog school rocks!


So I mentioned that I would tell you the fascinatingest thing about the dog training. It baffles my mind a bit.

I CANNOT stand a dog that pulls you when you are taking it for a walk. I won't even take a dog for a walk if I have to fight with it pulling me. 

So in dog school we of course worked on that. The dog trainer has really worked hard to understand dogs and she has read and read and she has a degree in school that has to do with animals and she seems really to get what is going on. 

Because Brody doesn't carry himself very proudly and he has anxiety she does not want us to treat him negatively. So instead of reprimanding him in anyway we ignore him. And I am not kidding, he gets it! If he doesn't do his trick right I turn my back to him and he instantly is attentive to figure out what it is I want from him. So when he jumps up on me and I don't like it I just turn around and he slides off and he learns to stop. 

So while we are training him to heel we don't say one word to him that is negative. When she told me what we were going to do to teach him to heel I did not even believe it would work. 

You walk and the second he gets ahead of where you are comfortable with him heeling (which at first is every second) then you turn and go the other way. If he gets ahead again you turn around again. At first you literally get dizzy. We all had to take turns because it was crazy at first.  But by the end of the dog training Brody was heeling. 

I was seriously amazed. She said it is because he wants to go one way and if he pulls you are like "you want to go that way? nope!" so somehow he gets it that he needs to stay where you want him to. It's crazy. Brody is so smart that it is really fun to work with him. 



(Dog trainer)




So I have a lot of Halloween pictures. Sorry if you have to see them after Halloween. 

Nathan and Rhett went camping with dad so it was just me and the little kids. They got more candy then ever before this year. I am not even sure why. 

Because it was so ridiculously silly we had to go to Arby's and get free bacon. If you said "Trick or Meat" you got free bacon. Um......weird. 

This is my BIL Frank. They also gave us chocolate. Yay. 

(I did not eat any sugar though. Didn't even really care too much.)



Picachu and Cat Woman (she changed from being the clown) ready to go. The best thing ever happened! A flood of kids ran by and my friend was driving along in her suburban. She is one of my favoritest peoples. I jumped in with her and we got to chat for the whole time our kids ran like crazy with all of the other kids. It kept mine going fast and it kept me sane!





































I have a little bit of a problem. I have grody varicose veins. Twice now (once last year and now recently) I have felt burning and they have like exploded under my skin. So now I have a huge bruise. I could have my veins stripped but first I would have to wear compression socks and see if that somehow worked. But I have no pain from them. And I don't want to wear those sock. At all.







No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...