Friday, August 12, 2011

Girl junk

All I have to say about the "girlie" surgery is owie!

And I didn't even get to bring home a little swaddled sweet pea!

Or fake boobs! Which was what someone asked Corey if he meant when he used the term "girlie" surgery on FB.

Oh well. Right before the surgery they did a pregnancy test. When they came back and told me my blood work looked good, I said..."So I'm not pregnant? It would be my greatest joy if you told me I was." But I wasn't.

Corey told me he'd have ran out of there if I was! That would be helpful.

But the nurse said sometimes that happens to people. And it has happened to people who have never been able to have children. And then right before their girlie surgery they find out their pregnant! Can you even imagine? What a sweet gift!


Once again so grateful for NURSES! They can be your best friend or you worst nightmare. Our hospital must have all best friends because they were all GREAT. I even was able to reconnect with Susie who saved my life when I delivered Kate! (felt like it anyways!)



Also grateful for family and friends who comfort and support. And older children who raise younger children for a few weeks. And a spouse who carries the load and lets me wake him up all night in pain.



Corey posted this on FB against my wishes. So what the heck...you might as well enjoy also.... Plus I want to keep this one random picture in the right spot when I turn my blog into a scrapbook. So here you go. All drugged.


Apparently the nurses told me to breath and I had my eyes closed and a few minutes later shook my head no like a spoiled brat Corey said.



And Bo asked Corey if he thought I would remember him when I was done. Sad.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you!! Hang in there....I have another book for you to read! After you read "A Girl Named Zippy" read "She Got Up Off The Couch" both my Haven Kimmel. I was reading the 2nd on the plane home the other day and was laughing and thought this little girl could be YOUR KATE! Read and giggle while you are in the recovery mode.

Susan said...

Camy said...Glad you're home and all is well. FYI...unless it's medically necessary for me to have girlie surgery, my beloved will be going under the knife.

Susan said...FOR SURE!

Sherri N. said...‎1st few weeks are not fun, believe me, once you start feeling better, its totally worth it!!! Especially not having Auntie Flow come for a visit :)

Corey said...I have a picture of Susie I'll send you and you can insert it in your Blog. Susie was Great! I did pencil in the other upper girlie surgery, but look like someone drew a line threw it... :(

Amy said...Glad you're home and on the mend!!! Make sure Corey keeps up the spoilin'!

Stephanie K. said...Funny Corey!! Susan- this was one of my favorites of your blogs. I always enjoy reading them but this one in particular. I hope you continue to feel better and you have the time you need to rest & heal. Thinking about you!

Kim said...Hope your healing process goes smoothly and quickly!

Mary said...You have been blessed with 6 beautiful children-I hope your healing comes quickly, what a great husband you have, way to go Corey. Of course special people connect with special people...love you all!!♥

Kirsten said...I MISS YOU. Hope you are feeling better every day. Loves

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...