Sunday, February 5, 2012

Khronicles of Kate.....NOT happy!

(Blogger is being SOOOOOO stupid. Or.... it could be me. But please ignore the super stupid long spaces of this post. And I can't get spell check to work!)

Anyways,

I thought I was done writing these! I even thought my blog has become a bit boring since Kate started behaving.

The other day she CUT up her shoes with scissors that I ONLY keep in a basket on the microwave. But I didn't Khronicle it, I let it slide.

And then...last night...

SHE GAVE HERSELF A MULLET.

She has chopped away her hair more times than I can count. After all the many chops there was still enough hair to hide the chops with her length. I am sure any one who check closely could see it was crazy, between gum in her hair and all he many hack jobs. But Justine was still able to do great and fancy hair dos on her. I wish I had some pictures. Justine was learning to do the CUTEST things ever with her hair!

A super long time ago when I was gone, Corey let her bangs be cut. I had been growing them out since birth. I hated those bangs...she has a cowlick smack in them middle of her forehead, helllllllooooo!.... They looked ridiculous. I have been growing them out for years. They had finally gotten so long!

Yesterday....she chopped them. And all the hair that was growing forward form the back of her head she chopped as well.

I think she got the bright idea when she saw me shaving Bo's head. She kept telling me she wanted her hair cut.

This is my buddy Linda. She has cut my little kids hair forever. Here she is with Bo! Isn't that hte cutest?




































































Well, when Kate did this recent damage to her hair, I knew Linda would give me the most comfort and help even though she hasn't been cutting hair for years.




So, sadly, we cut the back up inches and inches and evened out the mullet part and now in maybe 5 years her hair will look normal.



After Kate had cut her hair and she knew I was not happy (I didn't yell, YAY me) she kept telling me..."it will grow!" True. In forever.


















































































By the way...Her shirt says..."Save the world. It is the only planet with puppies." Do you LOVE it or what?!!!










Here is the only thing I can now do with her hair unless we just leave it down...and mullety...








































































See the big chooped side patch?





































































Okay, so yesterday they sang happy birthday to her in church. Since I am working in the primary I got to watch. Since she has been in primary I have been enchanted by her cuteness. She really listens! Sort of. But compared to the three boys I had in a row....She loves to listen to the lessons and especially the singing time. And she will try really hard to do any hand movements the FABULOUS chorister is doing and everything. She always furrows her brow all serious. It is so CUTE.










Anyway, So since she is new this year to the primary (before becoming a "sunbeam" she was in nursery with the little ones) she doesn't quite know all that is going on. But they called her up to sing happy birthday to her. Normally you would just stand next to the FABULOUS chorister. But Kate had it in her head you stand at the microphone. So there she is perched there with her little arms folded accross the podium just waiting for the kids to start the song to her. Classic. When she says loudly into the microphone..."Bo! Be quiet!" Typical bossy sister! It cracked me up.










The week before....they were trying to get her to guess the world of a song. It was home. A teacher gave her a clue. Where do you live? She said..."Heaven." Bahaahah! Everyone laughed and looked at me. I just said, "I am that good." Meaning my home is a heaven on earth. Which is a crack up becasue my house is somplete and utter chaos. But it was funny.






The one sad thing that breaks my heart is Kate is very observant if we are annoyed at her. And sometimes I am becasue she is exhausinting with her businsess and non stop talking and her..I don't know...HAIR CUTTING...And she will ask me, "Do you like me?" or "Are you mad at me?" That KILLS me. Stabs my right in the heart. Deprives me opf chocolate for the rest of my life. Twsits my guts all around inside of me. :(

1 comment:

Maria Sself said...

your kids are unbelievably adorable! Great posts!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...