Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

No Valentines day dinner this year. I have been a little crazy! I thought the kids wouldn't even notice but they did! :(

Today I got to go into Bo's kindergarten class and teach a craft. Such a treat. Bo was so happy to have me there. Sweet little group of kids.



































I LOVE when the kids bring home their Valentines. And they dump them on the floor and scour through them. So fun.





































































Did you know that I have saved all my kids Valentines from every year? I don't save everything. I can easily throw things away and it's not a big deal. But I have it in my head that their little Valentines will be really interesting someday. Like little time capsules of what was popular that year. And I oh so love the little names written in kids lettering. And what if my child should marry one of their childhood classmates and I have the valentines? Too good not to keep!

I think I might have decided to save them after I saw my Father in Law's that were saved from when he was a little boy. They were old fashioned and the sweetest thing ever. Since I am not his child I doubt this will happen but if I could inherit something of his someday....it would be that sweet little package of Valentines.

Today I saw on FB someone wish everyone Happy Valentines Day. And they said it is for everyone who loves anyone. It doesn't even have to be your "Valentine". I liked that. Maybe if we spread the love a little more in that manner it won't be depressing to some people. One boy at the kid's school brought a red rose to every singe girl in his grade. HOW SWEET!


Rhett decided to build himself a log cabin for his Valentine box. I loved every minute of his hammering and constructing. I was a very proud mama. (Minus the scratches on my kitchen table!)

















He wrote me a Valentine at school. It was so sweet and probably a huge joke to a 10 year old boy, but after he got done telling me how nice I was, he said "You are so beautiful even when you do not have make up on but I do not care." and his friend helped him write "You are so beautiful that you look like an angel from heaven." HILARIOUS! I can just see the two of them cracking up over that. Also that I make "Scrumptious crouton cheese casseroles." Baahaa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! So glad to see the giant log cabin box. :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...