Saturday, February 18, 2012

Revealing the oven! Ta da! My blog is so weird sometimes! No spell check, no control over huge spacing...sorry!

Some of you regular followers might remember this post of me teasing you with glorious wood and the project I was going to make.... (almost exactly one year ago!!!) I didn't get it quite done on time for Kate's birthday in 2011. But 2012...Well that is a whole new story!

My dreams of Kate opening her cookies and being able to pop them straight into the play oven did not come true.

I worked really hard this last week. I helped a bunch with a Valentine's fundraiser, that earned our little charter school 9,000.00! Whew! it was so much fun and so much work. I could barely walk the next day. We held a dinner and auction. It was great fun.

I also struggled to find time to finish the oven and make two fancy birthday cakes! All in a few days time.

So I finally was applying the hardware to the oven just a few hours before family came to watch Kate and Justine open their birthday presents. And..to my huge bummer....the hinges wouldn't work.

I had previously told my dad...."NO MATTER WHAT I SAY, DO NOT HELP ME FINSIH THIS OVEN! I WANT TO DO SOMETHING ALL BY MYSELF!"

And I had almost the enitre thing finish. But those blasted hinges!

So...here he is.....finishing my oven.



















































Eventually he had to pack the thing up and take it home to use his special magic on it. Sheesh!

Good thing Uncle Frank was here to play pots and pans with Kate since her oven was gone. At one point Corey joked with Uncle Frank..."Can my daughter have her pots and pans back?" He is a good playmate. We love him for coming to all our parties even though sometimes he only does out of obligation. We appreciate it!






































Here is the finished oven! She loves it! And I think it turned out so cute. Sorry for so many pictures of it.































































It has a LIGHT!!!! So you can tell when it is cooking!!!!! *faints dead from cuteness overload*





























The pots LIGHT up and make gurgling frying noises... *faints again*














































I had great tortureous debate choosing the knobs. Do I choose realistic oven knobs? But I LOVED these crystal ones. Even though they cost a bit more... I just wanted this look so much.









































































Here was Kate's birthday cake. She wanted Clifford. Turned out nice I thought!





























And Justine has been called big foot by her dad for many a year. So my friend, whom wanted to remain nameless, (THANK YOU my FRIEND!) made the bigfoot out of fondant and I did the rest of the cake. That big foot turned out so GREAT!!! Justine LOVED it.
































































Life is good.

3 comments:

Terri Porter said...

So cute Susan. You did a great job. I can't believe how good it looks. What a great Mom. Most of us would just leave that up to our husbands.

Janetlee said...

There are not enough words to describe how inspiring you are. I think I'll send you an anonymous letter telling you so.

Susan said...

*snicker*

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...