Thursday, February 2, 2012

One more project out of the way....sort of!

I finally got the quote on Kassidy's jewelry cupboard. Yeah...it pretty much takes me weeks to get something accomplished. And I still have touch up work to do on the lettering. And It might take me a few more weeks to get that done. Such is life! I am not the best paint picker outer so I was glad when Kassidy gave her opinion and wanted this "cookie monster blue" for the lettering. It's is perfect for a teenager's room!


Why does everything look better on pinterest? Oh, well. I actually quite like itand thanks to the advice from a friend name Sasha, it went very smooth!



So you lay down the vinyl lettering stencil. I had to eyeball and measure with a mini level, at the same time, to get the letters on straight. It was mostly successful. But hard.


Paint in the letters, pull off the vinyl lettering and ..tada!















































I wrote Kassidy a note about why I loved the quote she picked out. It was by Albus Dumbledore. It is a great quote when you really think about it!

































Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...