Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The one and a half year old oven is still in the works!

This just truly thrills my soul!




























I love clamps and wood glue and wood and drilling and tools.



This is the door to the toy kitchen I have been working on for more than a year!!!!!



For all the time and effort it has taken by someone who only partially knows what they are doing.....I could have built a house!



But it is now coming along nicely and I can't wait for her to bake her Melissa and Doug wood cookies in it. She is getting that for her birthday. We are celebrating on Sat. So fun.



Something I have learned in this wood working experience....


When you think you will just nail a nail in or screw a screw in without predrilling, because it is a huge pain to switched the drill from the bit back to the screwdriver bit (or whatever it is called), just switch the bit and use the drill. It works so much nicer!!!!!

Oh...and here are the little burners for the top of the oven. Glitter anyone? I bought this glitter paint and it is nutso cool! super SHIMMERY!!!! Perfect for a little girls oven!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed. I've never done anything like that.... :D

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...